Posterior Position

Tasha89

Reaction score
Hey guys! :)

First of all i'd like to say HELLO!! Feels like forever since I was last on here! Cornwall was gorgeous! Shame to be back in rainy Yorkshire but hey! 4D scan was amazing! Promise i'll post pics in a new thread soon - still team yellow as well!! :dance:

Anyway - my reason for posting is that my MW said this morning that baby is lying back to back... I know i'm only 30 weeks but she was pretty encouraging that I try to spin him/her round asap. Baby's head is down but his/her back is to the left of my spine. I've a few tips on OFP but wondered if you guys had any successful ones?

Also, how will I know when baby is Anterior Position?

Xx

My daughter was in the posterior position and my MW told me to go down on all fours as much a I could an try sitting on a birthing ball rather than slouch on the sofa. She never turned but it was very late on with me that she went back to back - about 38/39 weeks! I think labour was definately more painful with her in this position.

Merves Mums has recommended a website called spinning babies a few times - gives tips and hints on how to get babes in good position. Glad you enjoyed your hols not raining here it has been hot, hot, hot and i've been hotter!

Welcome back! I had this with 2nd boy and was never told to try and move him.. Think they thought he'd move on his own but nope! I gave birth like it too! I didn't notice birth was anymore painfull like it but I had awful bad backs beforehand.

Hope the little monkey turns soon for you! Xx

Last edited:
Oh forgot to mention the only thing they suggested ( was actually in labour for this) was to rock back and forth standing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back