Post section question

MrsB2105

Reaction score
Never had a section before, having one in 2 weeks. I am curious to know how quick bleeding starts afterwards? I'm slightly concern as I bled a lot after my son, I have a bleeding disorder that corrects itself when I'm pregnant. It came back with a vengeance after my son which was vaginal delivery.
How quick after section does bleeding start? Is it similar to the bleed after a vaginal delivery?
All experience and knowledge welcome :) x

Hi hun, I had 2 sections, my bleeding started straight away xx I have no experience of natural birth so I only assume it's the same xx I bled heavy after both mine xx best of luck xx

Thankyou :) I hate not knowing what to expect x

Hi hun, I had 2 sections, my bleeding started straight away xx I have no experience of natural birth so I only assume it's the same xx I bled heavy after both mine xx best of luck xx

I've had one section, I bled straight afterwards. Assumed this was normal!

I was the same and bled straight after my section. Good luck for your section and hope you have a quick recovery x

I've had a natural delivery and a section this time. With my natural delivery I bled very heavily whereas this time it was much lighter post section but started straight away. I'm not sure if lighter is normal but I had a big bleed after my section because I'd retained clots and lost 2 and a half litres of blood so it may just have been light as I had very little to spare!!! Xx

I hope you have recovered well, I read that they give you a weeks worth of blood thinning injections, is that true? X

Hi yes - I think its 10 days. You get it in hospital then they give you pre filled syringes for home to do yourself xx

Well that will be fun ... That's my husband wondering off while I do that then :) x

Mine was green around the gills when it was mentioned let alone doing it for me!!! Xx

Haha I mentioned it to him and he apologised and said he won't be doing it for me :) x

Hi I started bleeding straight away with my sections too, I would say a lot heavy with sections then my one natural birth.

Hiya. After my section I started to bleed straight away too, I felt like it didnt last that long though. I barely even remember the recovery process after the section, only when they took the dressing off as it was like a giant plaster on a hairy belly :')

Yeah that's the one place you don't want to rip a plaster off ... I'm still slightly bleeding 5 weeks on, although now my concerns are my new flap of skin :( x

Yeah that's the one place you don't want to rip a plaster off ... I'm still slightly bleeding 5 weeks on, although now my concerns are my new flap of skin :( x

Dont worry about that. I had the same! I was so paranoid, it actually disappears quite fast. Now 3.5 years on, I can barely see my scar and don't have the wee fold. Just hoping they will let me VBAC next time around, I have nightmares about how painful it would be second time around...

I'm hoping exercise and diet will fix it when I'm allowed to exercise lol, my flap is fairly big as I had a huge bump from twins.
Having given birth both ways, vaginal delivery was lovely as you get to hold baby immediately and you can get up and move around and do things, but my planned section was lovely also it was nice and relaxed, I knew when I was having the babies, just the recovery is a bit slow for my liking

Fingers crossed you get a VBAC, are you expecting or ttc? X

I'm hoping exercise and diet will fix it when I'm allowed to exercise lol, my flap is fairly big as I had a huge bump from twins.
Having given birth both ways, vaginal delivery was lovely as you get to hold baby immediately and you can get up and move around and do things, but my planned section was lovely also it was nice and relaxed, I knew when I was having the babies, just the recovery is a bit slow for my liking

Fingers crossed you get a VBAC, are you expecting or ttc? X

Still only TTC, but we are all fingers and toes crossed that this is the month! I thought planned was lovely too, I imagine the recovery was a bit tougher after twins. It was good as my fiance got to hold the wee one first, his face was priceless :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back