Post-Natal

Maria1977

Reaction score
Had my post-natal check yesterday and was passed over to the HV. HV came today and did Lula's hearing, which she passed but knew she would coz she reacts to noises easily.

Lula has gained back her birth weight plus a little extra, so am well pleased with how she's feeding.

I have no faith in HVs at all, but this one was ok. We had a good chat about BFing and how when you do it without being stressed it's so easy and how co-sleeping actually produces a good BFing relationship and also helps to reduce risks of SIDS... this coming from an HV! Ummm think I love her lol She's a BFing advisor as well so she knew bit more than some of the HVs I encountered after having Oz!

Just phoned my insurance company to see when I can drive and am so happy coz it's the same as my last company, just gotta get the gp to declare me fit to drive. Last time, after having Oz, gp didn't even check me over or ask anything just wrote it in my notes that I was fit to drive. Gonna make an appt tomorrow for asap and hope they do the same thing again coz I hate not being able to drive. It's ok when the sun's out, but coz it keeps raining I need the car!

Pointless post but just thought I'd have a ramble!

Awww well done so glad she's doing well and you have a good HV! I swear it makes all the diff! How's the bfing going?

Awww well done so glad she's doing well and you have a good HV! I swear it makes all the diff! How's the bfing going?

Really, really well. Such a big difference this time, after feeding Oz for a year I felt so much more confident this time and it really does make a difference. She latched perfect from first feed, had a bit of a tiz a few times after that with pushing boob out with her tongue, but got her past that and now she latches perfect. And she's so quick too. Rarely is feeding more than 15/20 mins a time. Sometimes she cluster feeds, but mostly she'll emptyone or both boobs and job done.

She's feeding, usually, twice during the night, but if it wasn't for the dirty nappies I wouldn't even have to get up, but she hates having a dirty bum and gets really wrigglly til she's clean lol And she will only poo in clean nappy so some nights I have to change her 3 times in a row til she's emptied lol Oz is so different, he would be happy to sit in his own filth all day if you let him lol Typical boy lol

Lol so good to hear! Tyler's the same and unless I smell or hear it I can have no idea if he's done one! Bad mummy! Lol

Aww thats lovely pleased all is going great xx

Sounds like ur doing fab! Ethan isn't disarray about a poopy nappy- must b a boy thing! X

Sounds like ur doing fab! Ethan isn't disarray about a poopy nappy- must b a boy thing! X

Defo, boys are dirty creatures lol Watched him pick up some bird poo the other day, just what every mum loves to see hmmmm I just thank god he didn't eat it before it could be intervened lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back