post natal check up

Layla

Reaction score
i have mine this afternoon.....

what kind of things do they do/ask now, i have no idea

Not a lot to be honest!!

All they did at mine was check Phoebe over. Tone, hips social smile, eyes and ears.

And he felt my tummy, asked me how I was feeling and discussed Contraception with me.

I had a 30min appointment and was out in 10mins.

dunno? and I have mine tomorrow evening!! Do NOT want an internal (unless they give me some gas and air)!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Lou :)

it was pretty pointless really

he just asked how i was, i said fine, he then asked if i wanted go to on the pill, i said no im trying again, he said ok.

i showed him my two tests (one saying maybe with a faint line, one saying no) and he says there is a line there but its faint so he thinks i am pregnant but i have to test again in a few days.

and that was it, i was out of there within 5 mins!

Fingers crossed for you Layla! :)

In mine they just checked Ella and asked how I was. No examination of any kind.

Lou - I don't think any one has an internal at their 6 week check. You can say no to an internal anyway if you don't think there is a problem.
I had a 3rd degree tear so my post natal internal was at the hospital. A totally seperate appointment.
RELAX!!! :lol:

lol I am a big drip when it comes to being messed with downstairs.

Congratulations Layla on being pg!!

Will post after my check up tomorrow.

Lou :)

Hello

I got mine on the 13th when Kiara will be 8 weeks they wanted to wait till till eight weeks for some reason maybe cuz of the c-section

Oh and congrats Layla let us know how your next one goes.

Katrina

I just got asked if all was ok downstairs, no internal (phew). Also just got asked general questions that were in red book. Shouldn't have taken too long but I am always anxious and had a list of questions :D

Oooh Layla, its so exciting. Congratulations x :D

my post-natal and Ella's 6week check are at 2 different appts, which I think is stupid! It was a waste of time she took my blood pressure, weighed me and asked me what I was doing about contraception, that was it!
I havent had Ella's 6week check yet

I was asked if I had had my period, he looked at my wound, asked when my last smear test was, because he would do one if I was due, and then said...should I prescribe the pill? I said that I won't take the pill, and that we use a barrier method, and he just nodded, and gave me a clean bill of health.

No internals! I don't blame you, beanie, I had a couple of internals when I bled at the start of my pregnancy, and the midwife who was there told me that she'd rather give birth than have that done!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back