possible corneal ectopic of failed pregnancy

crowgirl

Reaction score
Hi there. I am 5.5 weeks pregnant and have just had my second early pregnancy scan today which has caused alarms bells to be rung and im left just not knowing what on earth to think or do?. scan has revealed a sac in my womb but no yolk and its not as advanced as theyd ex[erct at this stage.More worryingly, there is another mass, or possible sac, on my cornea (the bit where the falliopean tube joins the womb) which is suspicious of a corneal ectopic pregnancy which would make the other sac a psudosac. The alternative is that the corneal mass could just be a cyst, which would be nothing to worry about in itself, although still wouldnt change the fact the other sac isnt as big as it should be.. To make things even more confusing my hormones have not quite doubled, but are still rising.On wednesday they were 2600, and today (friday) they are 4976.Midwife siad shed have liked to see them double at least so this is slightly under and implys the pregnancy is failing for whatever reason, although shes still saying there is an outside chance things will be ok pn MONDAY.Three people scanned me in the end as noone was sure what was going on, including my consultant, and two think its a failing pregnancy and one a corneal.Theyve told me to stay at home for the weekend and come back monday, but im petrified now, as I know a corneal ectopic is really bad news and if it ruptures the worst kind of eptopic you can get.Ive been told to go straight to hospital if I get any pain or bleeding. Im in such a state, I just dont know what to do.I had aan early miscarriage almost exactly this time last year and was just getting ov er it and then this! Its gone beyond being scared about losing the baby to being scared of this rupture. The consultant siad it was unlikely to rupture as there were no signs of this at present, but the midwife who scanned me siad shed seen them rupture earlier than mine. I wish they knew more. Could it be twins and both masses be sacs? Has anyone else been in this situation?Sorry it's such a long post, but cant summarise it any better at present.cx

I don't know what to advise but just want to give you a big :hug:

I know its easier said than done, but try not to worry... although if you do get any pain go straight to A&E. Even if you did have a rupture as long as they get to you quickly you should be OK. I have a friend who had 2 ectopics rupture (twice in the same tube) and although it was a bad time for her she now has a beautiful daughter.

I cant really answer your questions hun im sorry.

Just want to say stay strong & Im thinking of you, try not to worry too much relax as much as you can until Monday although i know its easier said than done.

Take Care hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

I too really dont know what to say but can only go by my own experience.

I was scanned at 5 weeks and all they could see was just a sac and no fetal pole or yolk sac so they didnt know if the pregnancy was viable or not. I was told to go back in 2 weeks for another scan to check again to see if there was a baby present. I was so scared, because this had happened to me 15 years previous and the second scan found nothing. But at the second scan at 7 weeks i saw a little heartbeat and the growing shape of a little tiny bean. I know in your situation with the poss cyst it must be a worrying time for you but please try and be positive, miracles can and do happen,
wishing you all the best for your next visit hun keep us posted :hug: :hug: xxxx

Now 5.6 weeks-6 weeks pregnant. Just back from todays scan after a horrendous weekend, fearing some kind of rupture or something. Scan shows the sac has grown a bit but still no yolk. other mass has also grown a bit but is looking like its starting to disintegrate, which is apparently a good sign.......took more hormones and siad if they are still going up they mgiht hold off clearing me out for a bit longer to make sure its not just a slow developing pregnancy. midwife seems less worried about the eptopic thing no, although she cant rule it out.What a roller coaster. My instsincts are that the hormones will be down as yesterdayand today my breasts lost some of their tenderness, but to be honest, its been such a stressful weekend, who knows. My wonderful partner helped me through it all by breaking it down into units, one for friday afternoon, 2 for sat and 2 for sunday, and we celebrated every time we got through a unit.This really helped me get through the weekend and id recommend it to anyone who is in my position. We are picking up on a bit of conflict between the midwife/scanner and the consultant....midwife keeps making slightly barbed comments along the lines of...well what id do.........but shes the consultant so its her perogative......which we think is really unproffessional. utterly drained by it all guys. taking the day off....scared to hope......but coping ok so far thanks to a wonderful fiance.... I was due to order my wedding dress today (getting married in July) as its was yhe deadline to get it made.Was going to call them and say I needed a differnt dress as I would be 5.1 months pregant, but now its looking like I wont be....Have called the shop and asked them if they can extend it by a week as obviously if. by some miracle this pregancy works out ok, then id still need a differnt dress.....its like a madhouse here! cxxxxxx

Hi Crowgirl,

It sounds like you've had a rough weekend and I really do hope that you have some good news soon.

Your luck that you have such a loving and supporting fiance, help hold of him girl!

Keep us posted, ill be thinking of you sweety stay strong xxxxx
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Aw so sorry to hear this, how confusing for you.

Fingers crossed you get better information next time :?

plot thickens.Got a call from the hospital saying that my hormones have gone from 4976 on friday to 9608 monday.The consultant says with such an increase she would be reluctant to do anything yet, as its still early days, and wants me to hang on a few more days. They will can me again on wednesday, and if the sac has grown a yolk by then (which it should have...esp if my hormnes are over 10 000 by then), there is hope.if however my hormones have risen and there is still no sac she will be extremely worried about the possibiity of an eptopic again...agggggkkkkkk............ive just made a fatal error and read one womans blog about her eptopic pregnancy and experiences of having the injection to get rid of it. It was horrendous.....i'm hoping too god that she is exaggerating about how awful it is.......anyway another day and a hlaf of waiting.I ma goign to ban myslef from surfing the net for anything other than the pregnancy forum from now on........

Those figures are reassuring. I'm keeping everything crossed for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back