Positive Midwife Story

Geminiblue

Reaction score
so, after going to a friends funeral yesterday, I felt shattered breathless headache like I was looking through glass.... so off I trot to a midwife appointment just to check blood pressure and Im sure at this point all is fine I just wanted to put my mind at rest.

Well, I was given a thorough check over, given information in full on position(which is back to back) which is fine as baby has time to turn, I have little space left due to strong stomach muscles and being short, temp ok, urine fine, all healthy apart from low blood pressure, she was lovely and chatty answered all my questions, explained where babies bum and head was and got me to feel.

Low BP meant that I was getting tired as my body is working hard to push the blood around, nothing I can do but try to rest during the day from time to time...with a lunatic 2 yr old ha ha.

What a lovely woman at Chippenham Birthing Unit full of information and reassurance, on her passing comment.... you call at any time if you are concerned its not a problem wed rather see you than not!!!

Bless those lovely midwives xxx

It's nice that you like your midwife so much :) some women on here have such trouble with theirs, some aren't nice at all! I love mine as well, she's so friendly and warm and acts like nothing is too much trouble for her. She's great compared to my old midwife (I moved areas at 27 weeks) who was always trying to rush me out of her office. My appointments were never longer than 5 minutes, she never went through what she was writing in my notes with me, and never really panicked about my horrifically low iron levels and low BP.

Low BP is the worst isn't it? I really struggle with the tiredness, and I get such bad dizzy spells from it that I have to lay on the floor at times when I'm at home. When I'm out and I start feeling dizzy it really panics me. But BP has been getting lower and lower at every appointment!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back