Position of baby?

Pansy

Reaction score
I was just wondering is there a certain time when baby turns upside down? I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere...When I had my ultrasound at 22 weeks baby was head up...I had another one yesterday at 24 weeks and he is now sideways...Do you think he is slowly turning around or is it too soon yet for him to turn?
I am so confused! :?
Pansy

I think they can turn at any time, but it's generally assumed that they turn round before 36 weeks. I think this is because from 36 weeks onwards they are a bit too squashed to turn on their own (but they can still turn at 40 weeks if they really want to and some do).

My baby was breech up until 36 weeks and then got herself into position. I'm hoping she stays there! The midwife started checking and noting her position at about 31 weeks.

If baby is still breech at 36 weeks they start looking at ways to get them to turn, such as acupuncture, and certain manual moves that drs do, etc.

A friend of mine had a breech baby until 40 weeks when she had a caesarean. The baby turned on the morning of the caesarean but the drs went ahead with it anyway.

O wow that is crappy...If my baby would have turned I think I would have fought the c-section...That is my BIGGEST fear...Having to have a c-section ...My friend went all through her pregnancy thinking she would deliver vaginally...Went to the hospital in labor and baby was breech and she had an emergency c-section...I hope my lil one turns head down and comes out the way nature intends :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back