• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Porky!!!!!

DebbieM

Reaction score
Well, after all my issues with breastfeeding in the early weeks and thinking that I may have to give up due to soreness and stress etc etc (there were MANY tears)..... Luke is doing really well! We still have stressful feeds occasionally but 8/10 feeds are good.

Better still.... he is putting on weight. I can't believe the rate he is putting it on though! We think that when he was born, he was starving due to the placenta not working for the last 2 or 3 weeks before he made his way into the world.... poor baby :( so he was making up for it in his first few weeks.

This week though...... he put on 13.5oz!!!!! That's in just 6 days! I can't believe it. He is a right little guzzler LOL! He's far from fat - he's long (and very cute lol) but I just can't believe he has put on so much. (He is 10lb 5oz now and was 6lb 11oz at birth)

I must be doing something right so I feel quite proud that I continued with the breastfeeding and can say that it has been entirely exclusive! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well done your doing a fantastic job, you should be proud of yourself too!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

DebbieM said:
(He is 10lb 5oz now and was 6lb 11oz at birth)

you must be so proud of yourself!!! you did all that by urself!! its brilliant!

wow that's fab!!

Dafydd was born the same day as Luke and he weighed 7lb 12 and now weighs 9lb 13, so he has well overtaken him.

Well done on the breastfeeding! I only lasted 2 days!

Debbie, i am soooooooooo pleased for you... :cheer:

Isnt it odd to think that your amazing body has done that and sustained him so well!

Morgan put on a shocking 11oz this week and now weighs 10lb 8oz so Luke is doing very well! Normally he puts on 1-4 oz per week so we are chuffed to bits! Morgan was 2lb heavier at birth too!! Luke's weight is fab!!!!

Power to the boobies!!!!!!! :cheer: :rotfl: Go Debbie!!! :dance:

Well done Debbie :hug:

I had a good cry last night and was on the verge of finding the tin of formula I had bought just in case because Sam seemed to want to be permanently attached tome last night and I couldn't work out whether he was getting enough from me or just being greedy.
Reading your post has given me some inspiration :D

well done hun ! his catching leland up quickly ! but yours is all you so thats fab !

that's great - you should be very proud of yourself x

Well done hun, glad you have battled on, I never would have believed it would be so hard either! :hug:

Lukes weight gain is great! Am off to baby clinic now to see how Eva is doing, but dont reckon she will have managed that much! :cheer: for you two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back