Popping over from tri2 to ask about Braxton Hicks contractions

Lewa

Reaction score
Hi all!
I would really appreciate some advice! I think I might be having braxton hicks contractions. I've just been sitting still in front of the computer for the past few hours, and kind of suddenly my lower abdomen felt really tight, not directly painful, but definitely uncomfortable. Almost like a cramp.. but it got gradually stronger unlike a cramp that just hits you hard right away.. then it would let go quite suddenly and baby moved around a lot. Happened about three times in quite a short time period, like 15 min or so.. Should I worry? I have been extra tired today, on the verge of just going home to rather than stay at uni, could that have something to do with it? This is my 1st pregnancy, so I don't know what BH contractions would feel like.. but this was certainly a new feeling..

Extra worried since my teacher said to day to make sure I don't push myself to hard etc etc and when she said that I almost felt like crying because I probably am pushing myself a bit more than I should.. and then I experience this only a few hours later.. it's a bit unsettling..

Don worry, have had bh's since week 22 just as you describe. If they go on for ages with pain call your midwife xxx

hi

is does sound like braxton hicks hun x x as long as there is no real pain with them alls fine, they can be uncomfortable x x

I get these now and again my midwife says they can get quite uncomfortable and if they do lay down relax and take a paracetamol, Don't worry about them just mention it to your midwife next time you go x

Thanks!
It turned into more of a constant ache though, kept me awake during the night for a bit.. so called the midwife this morning, her phone was off.. called maternity center and the line was busy so chated to the live chat on cow and gate who said I should get it checked out just in case, so called back to maternity center, the picked up this time, told me to call maternity bleep at the hospital, and they told me to see my GP first and then if the GP thinks it's necessary then I could come to them. GP is fully booked so now I'm going there and they will see if they can fit me in.. a little bit worried.. but can feel the baby move every now and then at least, so that's a relief... still.. not the wednesday I was planning for! Hope everything is fine with Pip!!

Good luck Lewa always best to get checked if you aren't sure xx

Thank you princess!
Dr. couldn't find anything to cause him to worry, but said it was good that I came in and I should keep an eye on it and come back if it gets any worse.

Now I'm feeling completely exhausted in every way, and I'm quite stressed lately too, so I'm wondering if maybe that could be the problem.. might need to slow things down a bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back