Poor Hubby had his semen Analysis today!

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Well what a stressful day! :shakehead: I wasn't having any tests done today, just hubby! It was the test he had been dreading, Semen Analysis, one of the pretreatment requirments of my fertility clinic.

It was at a private hosp in a nearby town, rather than the fertility clinic as we had to get the test done at leats 5 days before our consents appointment booked for next week, so had to get it elsewhere. We had trouble getting parked , it was chocka!

I could see hubby getting more and more stressed with just the normal things of the morning, poor fella had worked at a supermarket all night long! and had stayed awake after to have this test- tired and under pressure - not a great combination! So Hubby got stressed with not getting a parking space , (he had wanted me to come in with him to reception at least for moral support), and so got out and stormed off to the clinic by himself, luckily a space free'd up just infront (I'm shocking at parking in tight spaces, we have a long car). Just then oh came out, and had been directed to a different building, and so back to plan, Devon and I went too.

The receptionist was sooo loud and woke Devon up straightaway, so back to entertaining him quietly , whilst fending him away from the cuppa machine and the doors and the bins for the next 30 mins.

Apparently he had to go in a room which was just a consultants normal room, bed, desk, and chair, no mags etc!! all very strange for him.

After we left, I tried to chat to OH on the way back to the car to make him feel better, and he snapped at me, and said he didn't want to talk about it, it's all worn a little thin.... So I drove us home in stoney silence and he went to bed for the day and I hate leaving things like that.

I woke him up for dinner and thought i'd steer clear of the subject , and he brought it up first and apologised, I said I totally understood why. I'd brought him his fav choc and chilli cookies ready to cheer him up, and so all sorted now! phew Good job Hubby only has to be involved for 2 more appointments this cycle...it's more stressful sorting someone else out , than yourself....:wall2:

I will await the lovely invoice for this ....

Last edited:
Im not sure im really allowed to post in here so sorry if im breaking any rules, but just wanted to say you poor thing that sounded very stressful for you.

My hubby has to give a semen sample soon, we have a pot and he has to take it to hosp as soon as done(has to be morn)and he isnt looking forward to it at all. I know he is going to be fine and that it will be me with the problem if there is one so i do feel sorry for him. I would defo rather go through things myself than him lol.

Michelle. x

Arh hon I feel both of your pain! The amount of times over the last few years we have had tests, the time off work, the stress of getting there and then the dreaded wait for results. I think for men it is slightly different than it is for us women we try to take a sensible approach and try to deal with things head on (well I do anyway) whereas my hubby liked to bury his head. His sa tests have been done 5 times now (private and nhs) and he was worried every time. When things calm down for your hubby and he has had a good sleep you will prob both laugh about it. My hubby always finds it amusing that on the nhs he was given a sample pot and directed to the disabled loo at our local hospital but privately he was ushered into a warm room, given mags and DVDs, soothing music and a bell to ring when he was done!

I am sure he will feel much better today! Promise, but well done for being so supportive and kind!

Gizzy xxxx

Aww bless you and your hubby!! Its funny how when your having the test, bloods people looking up your foofoo :shock: according to the oh everything is fine and theres absolutely nothing to worry about, even if you are still waiting in traffic 5 mins before your app!!!

Yet when the shoe is on the other foot, the whole world is coming to an end!! Ha men! :lol: My fella has had 2 SA's and both times he got the pleasure of doing the deed at home (nhs cut back?!) with as many mags as he liked......but jeez did he get into a fluster panicking about getting to the hospital, we leave practically next door to the hospital!! Haha

Any how glad your all sorted now, good luck with the next step of your journey!

:dust: to all x x x

Thanks Ladies, Things are all smooth here today, he has recovered from his ordeal!

Gizzy Kelly - We are private , but your private one sounded a lovely place for doing the deed!
Hayes - anyone can post anywhere in the forum hun - the more support and chatting the better if you ask me!

and Hayes, both you and Emma b's OH's sounded like that was actually better doing the sample in the comfort of home, but then just a bit embarresing to be taking a sample hidden in something in to a hosp , I bet! Were the results helpful for the next step for you? or did it cause any more stress for OH's when the results came back in?

Yeah my oh can do it at home and then take it to the hosp, think he is going to do it next week!! Not sure what happens then to be honest.

Michelle. x

Hey hun,

Just wanted to say that my oh wasnt so much stressed about the results, just a little worried that the swimmers might not be swimming. Kept saying 'its probably me, my men wont be working' Bless him.

It did help get to the next step actually as the doctors assumed it was due to a poor sperm count that i wasnt getting pregnant, according to my doc it couldnt possibly be me as i have a child, idiot!

As it turns out my partners first SA was too good, plenty there but they wasnt very mobile. So he change his underwear :shock: i mean the type from tight to loose boxers!! lol Stopped smoking. His second SA is perfect, lots of little swimmers!!

Best of luck to you x x x

Hey hun,

Just wanted to say that my oh wasnt so much stressed about the results, just a little worried that the swimmers might not be swimming. Kept saying 'its probably me, my men wont be working' Bless him.

It did help get to the next step actually as the doctors assumed it was due to a poor sperm count that i wasnt getting pregnant, according to my doc it couldnt possibly be me as i have a child, idiot!

As it turns out my partners first SA was too good, plenty there but they wasnt very mobile. So he change his underwear :shock: i mean the type from tight to loose boxers!! lol Stopped smoking. His second SA is perfect, lots of little swimmers!!

Best of luck to you x x x

Brilliant that is second one was great, you made me think tho, hubby has been wearing his pants for wayyy too long now, and I told him I was embarressed to be hanging them on the washing line, as they were shreaded full of holes !! Anyway, we went to primark last week when he was off and he got 6 new pairs , they are more snug tighter style ones, without all those holes! He actually wore the new pair on his sperm test day for the first time, arghhhhh I might have to ask him to leave them in the draw for a month or so..... thanks for mentioning that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back