Poo - is this normal?!

roxanne

Reaction score
Dylan used to poo every other day, but for the past few days he's started going after every bottle (he's formula fed), it's runnier, greener and has bits of slimey stuff in it, is this normal or should i take him to the docs? He seems fine in himself and is feeding as usual.

Baby poo changes all the time. Have you changed his formula? It might be the reason. Is he feeling ok generally? If he is fine and putting the weight on ok, there is nothing to worry about. I would still ask your hv. :hug:

this is exactly the problem i'm having with Evie. She used to poo twice a day and totally fill her nappy each time...over the last 2 days she has started to poo pretty much after every feed but it's only small amounts and it has slimy stuff in it.

I haven't changed anything feeding wise...sma has agreed with her so far but i did use some infacol as she sometimes struggles to wind. I've stopped using it in case it was that but it's still continuing. I'm going through nappies like there is no tomorrow.

she is well in herself though... will be asking mw/hv today

I changed his milk from sma to cow & gate but that was when he was about 2 weeks old so it's not that. He's fine, it's not like he's ill, it's just the poo! :?
What did your hv say about it?

could he be teething? Baby poo goes runnier and stinkier when they teeth, even at Arianna's age as I had all last week :roll: :D

Hmm could be, did cross my mind but i thought he's too young for that!

Hiya

I asked my MW today and she sais that it's trapped wind. Evie struggles to burp so she is compensating for it by trumping (a lot!) and because the wind is coming out the bottom end she is squeezing poo out too!

She said it was nothing to worry about especially as she is well in herself... but we're going to continue with the Infacol because the midwife said she will probably develop colic if we don't help her get her wind up the right way.

I hope that helps you too x

Ahhhh that would make sense actually- Dylan is always trumping too :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back