• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poo?!

jools221181

Reaction score
Hi there!
Brody hasn't done a poo for 4 days now and we are getting a bit worried! I know it's normal for breastfed babies not to poo for days but this hasn't happened before and he seems to be in pain too! :cry:
He screams alot more than usual and his tummy goes hard and he straightens out rigid like a board. He has suffered with colic could it just be that getting worse? I was hoping that would be calming down by now! It's so hard seeing him hurting. :cry:
He's still trumping lot's and it REALLY stinks!(sorry!)
We have tried warm baths, leaving his nappy off and someone told us brown sugar in water helps but he refuses a bottle and we don't know what to try next!
Do you think we should just keep waiting?
I might take him to clinic later see what they say but just wondered if any of you girls have any other advice?
Thanks in advance!xxxx :hug:

Aww Hunny :hug:

Olivia went thru this stage too, I think it has something to do with their digestive system maturing, it could also be something you have eaten, so check what youve had over the past few days and if youve had something you dont normaly have maybe that could be the cause.

Have you tried pushing his leg up to his chest and moving them in a cycle motion, that always get Olivia farting when she has trpped wind or having trouble with poo :lol:

have you tried gripe water, when Olivia was that age infacol didnt work but gripe water did and within a few hours was pooing away :)

I do think your should talk to your HV if you are worried hun, they are there to help :hug:

Had this with Jade too and the doc prescribed infant glycerine suppositories, wasn't as bad as I thought giving it to her and an hour later she filled her nappy then another few times that evening. Boiled cooled water didn't work for her but does for some I hear.

Tasha20 said:
Have you tried pushing his leg up to his chest and moving them in a cycle motion, that always get Olivia farting when she has trpped wind or having trouble with poo :lol:

This always worked for us when M was small and got a bit constipated. I hope it settles for you soon :hug:

Thanks girls just got back from clinic and she tried having a rub of his tummy and said to try cooled boiled water with orange sqeezed into it! She also said I should take him to the doctors as it's more than 3 days!
So now I'm sat waiting for the doctor to call back see if I can get him in today and my sisters gone to fetch some oranges!
Hope it works!
Thanks again! :hug:

Londoner Claire said:
Orange Juice so young? I would call NHS Direct for advice on that.
I aint too sure but he refused point blank to drink any of it anyway! :) Probably cos infacol tastes of oranges and he's taken a dislike to that recently!
Well just after I tried that the doctor called me and said not to worry and just give cooled boiled water no need for orange juice! So I managed to get him to have some water! She gave me an appointment for Thursday morning if he still aint pooed by then! Hopefuly won't need the appointment though!
Thanks again you lot! :hug:

jools221181 said:
Londoner Claire said:
Orange Juice so young? I would call NHS Direct for advice on that.
I aint too sure but he refused point blank to drink any of it anyway! :) Probably cos infacol tastes of oranges and he's taken a dislike to that recently!
Well just after I tried that the doctor called me and said not to worry and just give cooled boiled water no need for orange juice! So I managed to get him to have some water! She gave me an appointment for Thursday morning if he still aint pooed by then! Hopefuly won't need the appointment though!
Thanks again you lot! :hug:

Have you tied the leg thingy I wrote earlier, it could really get things moving for him :)

Sorry Tasha yeah I forgot to say we keep trying that every now and then and you are right it sure makes him trump alot (they are getting smellier!) but no poop as yet! Gonna keep trying it though as it's obviously getting it moving!
and about the gripe water, we are having to try alternatives to infacol now he's gone off it and we have dentinox at the mo which he doesn't like either and will try gripe water again but last time I tried it , it made him gag and dribbled most of it out! :( Do you know if dentinox is similar to gripe water cos it smells exactly the same!? It reminds me of gherkins! :puke: :lol:
Thanks for your help! :hug:

Yes keep doing it hun it will get him going in no time :hug:

Im not sure if its the same, but I found using a syringe to give the meds worked better :D

Yay he's pooed! :cheer:
:shock: Never seen anything like it :puke: but I'm so glad he has! I guess the water last night helped and I was doing the leg thing this morning and it worked! :dance:
Thankyou! :hug:

:dance: :dance:

Yey, so glad he poo'd, no problem hunny :hug:

Claire what do mean a snapping sound :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member