poo!!

Jade89

Reaction score
Go while you still can...

poo for england ladies...be glad you can...

i have stitches and have only been 2-3 times since my baby was born, maybe 4, i pooed while givin birth (not embarrasing as you probably wont know, i diddn't know til i asked OH, he wasnt gonna tell me)...

it's a right pain in the ass literally trying to go while u have stitches...the 1st time wasnt that bad but now my poo is rock hard tmi sorry...and im stuck on the loo for ages :( maybe coz im on iron tabs but take advantage of your bowells before birth ladies!

Oh Jade sounds horrible, eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg and pure orange juice that should help soften things. If failing that try prunes :oops: Be suprised if you cant go after eating a load of them.

Are you still 'sore' down below? Sorry to ask such a question but you did have such a big baby and I wonder how things were bearing up in that department! :hug:

at least im not the only one who pooed while in labour, but mine was probley because i thought i was just constipated and not in labour so i took some laxatives (lol)

Jade89 said:
Go while you still can...

poo for england ladies...be glad you can...

i have stitches and have only been 2-3 times since my baby was born, maybe 4, i pooed while givin birth (not embarrasing as you probably wont know, i diddn't know til i asked OH, he wasnt gonna tell me)...

it's a right pain in the ass literally trying to go while u have stitches...the 1st time wasnt that bad but now my poo is rock hard tmi sorry...and im stuck on the loo for ages :( maybe coz im on iron tabs but take advantage of your bowells before birth ladies!

jade i made my midwife get me some lactuloseFTER I HAD HAD MY FIRST BABY. iT SOFTENS YOUR POO AND MAKES IT EASIER TO PASS IT.

great i'll ask for something, I really think it's making my stitches worse with the straining, I dont wanna burst them or get an infection, and I have to book my mum to babysit when I need to go coz i'm on there for so long :(

Jaidy, yes i'm still quite sore, been in tears over it today, but also every time my womb contracts I have a shooting pain right by my wee hole (tmi sorry lol) but it really hurts, i'm living on cocodamol.

How long are disolvable stitches supposed to hurt/last for? it's been 10 days now and i'm still in pain, the midwifes at the hospital said stitches could be gone in 10 days :( looks like mine r sticking around...unless I have an infection and thats why they hurt? I hope not! :(

eta: Midwifes just been, she checked my stitches (yes ladies, you don't get your dignity back either) and said it's healing nicely, it must be because I had a big baby that my pains are worse than other people's...people have been saying to me ''My stitches were pain free and gone in a week''...yeah they had like 6-8lb babies...! She said my womb is going back to normal but quite slowly...and the pains in my lulu are normal she said (thank god, I thought I wasn't normal)! She's told me to call my dr's and ask them to write me out a prescription for fibregel or something too. :) never been so exited to know i'll soon have sloppy poo! :rotfl:

Budge...sorry if this is too personal but did you have stitches or really bad pain with Rachael?...maybe different with you becoz she's your 4th though.

jade i didn't have any stitcheswith Rachael and no pain - but its coz she was my 4th. With my first i had a lot of stiches and a lot of pain afterwards.
Have you tried having a soak in the bath? IUse some Arnika (sp) as this is really good for healing.

I do feel for you and ive been thinking about you a lot. U hope you feel better soon. :hug: :hug:

Another idea is getting a swimming ring if it hurts to sit. :hug:

I found the stiches worse than the birth, Sea Salt baths helped!
I think I pooed when I had Luke but 6 years later OH still wont tell me if I did or not.
But after I left going for a poo till the last minute and that made it easyer.
I asked the midwife the other day if it was better to be cut than tear and she said tear, so I dont want to think about how painfull it would be to be cut :oops:

how can a tear be better than a cut? with a tear you could rip in any direction and it could be untidy, plus you would have had no anastethic(sp?) down below to prepare for the tear, with a cut they give you some anastethic(sp?) to numb your down below and make a simple cut and it's straight and neat, I always got told it was worse to tear.

A midwife who came out to me a few days ago said salt will really sting me and it's an old wives tale and is old fasioned...The old fasioned bit I don't mind but if it's going to sting then no thanx...she was a young midwife though and these young midwifes tend to follow the guidelines like rules, which are changing all the time and am I the only one who thinks they are becoming rediculously stupid? :wall: Bring back the old fasioned guidelines that...our Mums used to go by lol.

Budge, I feel alot better since midwife checked me and said everythings fine, thanx for thinking of me :lol: Ive had a few soaks in the bath yes, but I tend to find showers more convient at the minute, as anyone would lol. I'm doing fine anyway, midwife said that thing beginning with P where my stitches are (forgot what it's called) is really clean and is healing well so i'm doing something right :cheer:

Gonna call the dr's tomorrow to get a prescription too so i can poo with a smile :rotfl:

Just after midwife went earlier the health visitor came :roll: i'm in demand lol... she asked me if I was eating ok, and I said yes and she had to ask me if I was sure :shock: o....k :shock: I should know if i'm eating or not lol, I may not be eating as much as I did when I was pregnant and I may have lost an instant stone or 2 since birth but i'm bloody making sure I eat :roll: health professionals eh? :roll:

Salt is a natural anti-bacterial agent and has fantastic healing properties. If you can tolerate the stinging then it is beneficial..... sometimes you can reduce the stinging effect by making it more dilute ( either less salt or more water) The best thing I have ever used for a tooth ulcer was salt water!!!!

If you have found that you are managing ok by not using salt then don't worry but don't rule it out completley because if you ever do have an infection "down below" then I would 100% reccomend a salt bath! lol

Is the P word Perineum? OO the thought of that being stitched makes my toes curl!!!!!!

Lyndsey

lmao just read this on a site i thought it was so funny...thought id post it here n not make a new topic cuz ud all think im totally obsessed with poo :rotfl:

Nobody ever wants to voice ALL of the fears they have about child birth. Sure, people will say “I’m scared it hurts” but they don’t want to talk about the other fears.

How about the fear of pooping on the birthing table?

The fear of pooping during birth is a totally valid one. Why? Well, when it is time to “push” the baby out, many nurses will tell you to bear down like you are having a bowel movement.

Yes, so if you’re bearing down like you’re having a bowel movement, what do you expect to happen? Yes, Virginia, you're going to have a bowel movement.

When I had my first child, I was pushing for close to two hours before she was born. Two very long hours. After she was born, my husband took a bunch of pictures of her, including her feet.

Her feet had brown poo stains on them. At the time, my husband had told me she pooped on herself when she was born. I then walked around explaining to everyone that my child had pooped on herself while being born.

It was awhile before I put two and two together: A new baby has yellow poop. But, that first poop is actually a tarry black mess. It sure isn’t brown.

That means that I pooped on my baby when she was born. Welcome to the world, sweetie! Here is some poop for your feet!

I’m just glad that I didn’t poop during a water birth. Could you imagine sitting in a tub with your partner and having a “floater” pop up?

Well, if anything, it would have given us practice for dealing with all the “floaters” that my daughter, now a toddler, likes to produce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back