is this normal?

Charlotte & Emily

Reaction score
Emily is only 18 days old but ive noticed she really doesnt like having a poo or farting, she goes bright red and grunts and then cries, is this normal?
im bottle-feeding and her poo is not too hard (sorry tmi) but its sometimes green (ive read thats bad) and other times its mustard yellow

Poo is often green when baby's windy, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Stanley's was often khaki in the early days. :D

Not sure about the getting upset thing sorry :(

She might just be getting used to real poo's rather than the sticky meconium stuff.

Check with your HV

Olivia got upset when she pooed or farted, she still moans now when she farts, I think its proberly a belly ache and they dont like that feeling, well do you ? :)

chaelihol said:
Emily is only 18 days old but ive noticed she really doesnt like having a poo or farting, she goes bright red and grunts and then cries, is this normal?
im bottle-feeding and her poo is not too hard (sorry tmi) but its sometimes green (ive read thats bad) and other times its mustard yellow

Sam does exactly the same thing, he did it whilst on breast milk and he does it on the formula.
His poo is also mostly green (like guacamole!) but he's totally healthy and happy, if a little windy!
The wind problems improve over time as their digestive systems mature.

sounds normal hunny..

the redness and grunting is her "pushing/straining" the poo out lol :puke:

ellouise still screams sometimes if she has a really big "trumpy pumpy" hahahah

if i call them that she coos and grins :D

ellouise's poo is greeny/yellow most of the time, i believe its caused by the wind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back