Policeman hassles breastfeeding mom!!!!!!

It is absolutely disgraceful !! :evil:

I plan to BF and if anyone asks me not to I shall tell them where to shove their opinion. It's a totally natural thing to do and I hate how so many women get made to feel awkward for doing it in public.

My friend was once asked to leave a restaurant when she breastfed her baby or to go into the toilets and do it. She replied "Would you eat your dinner in a toilet? No, I don't think you would, so why should my baby?". She was promptly left alone by the staff member to continue feeding her daughter. Much respect for her for sticking to her guns! She got an appology from the manager and her bill paid for.

Police should know better though - that is just appalling.

Have so much more I could say about this but I won't....

Bit bloody cold for getting your boobs out on a park bench in this weather!! xxxxxx

It's been all over the TV news too.
I bet that copper feels a right prat. GOOD!

What gets me is whoever complained in the first place..."OH MY GOD! That woman is BREASTfeeding CALL THE POLICE!!"
:roll:

It was actually a WOMAN who complained too which makes it worse!!

She rang the BBC News Centre apparantly and they put out an appeal at the end of the lunchtime news for her to call them back as she didn't leave her number and they wanted to speak to her!!!

Sad really I think when people can't accept the most natural thing in the world. I'd only ever have a problem with it if someone was literally flashing their boobs at me (i.e taken their top and bra off :shock:) LOL xx

I think I am strange, I don't plan on BF in public as I'm too embarassed. Is that me being immature? I was planning for when I go out to extract, maybe that's me just being silly, but i don't like the thought of doing it in front of loads of people. I know it's natural, and I don't have probs with anyone else doing it. Weird I know!

Think the article is terrible tho. :roll:

I'm not sure if I will be comfortable breastfeeding in public either K X. You're not strange at all!!! But if I do choose to then I'd not to have someone report me to the police :shock: LOL xxx

Your post made me laugh when you said that you plan to 'extract' milk :lol:

i was appalled at this! i think if it was me i'd tell the policeman where to bugger off - prob the only time you'd get away with telling the police to get lost!!!

i must admit that i'm wondering nervously what it will be like to BF in public, but i reckon once the baby is here i won't think twice about it and i'll see my boobs as "vending machines" :shock: rather than sexual objects that i don't want to display in public! lol

I think its appauling too that someone complained. Apparently it happened in the summer but she has only just come forward because she was so upset and shocked.

I breastfed my last two and have to admit that I would not breastfeed in public although that was my personal decision and certainly dont think that there is anything wrong with anyone else doing it. Its so descreet anyway, you would never know half the time and lets face it, it is the most natural thing in the world.

I intend to breastfeed this baby too, and have already descided that when the house is full Ill be going in the bedroom and feeding quietly because I have a houseful of teenagers that bring in their boyfriends and m8s. Again a personal decision.

Ragna xxx

I breastfed in restaurants and parks and things, but very discreetly, just by putting my sons's head under my top. No-one would ever have known.

I breastfed infront of my family, although my father-in-law used to leave the room (but that was more to make me comfortable than him feeling uncomfortable i think)

That is disgusting. I would of told the policeman to you know what, probably would have got arrested.

When i used to breastfeed in public if i felt uncomfortable i used to just use a light weight baby shawl, put it over my shoulder and cover the baby away from prying eyes. When i looked down i could see Joshua's head so i wasnt suffocating him. Maybe that would be something for you to consider KX.

x

i seen this on the news and am still absolutely mortified how dare ppl try and dictate when and where a baby can feed its horrendous and im sure will be very off putting for those new mums out there considering breast feeding xxxxxxxx

What makes me laugh is that everywhere you look there are images of semi naked women - bill boards, magazines, tv adverts, music videos - to sell products to men, and yet people have the audacity to complain about a mother feeding her child.
I've seen plenty of women breast feeding in public and have never seen any flesh shown at any time. it's always been discrete.
Another thing that shocked me is that if you read the comments that people put on the website it was mostly women who had a problem with it :shock: What's the world coming to???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back