Plug socket covers - someone posted a link?

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Sorry cant remember who was the expert.

My BIL is an electrician I advised up to get covers for our sockets so I showed him the website and he agreed it was obviously safe not to.

Why is it he doesn't know that information? Is it not common knowledge?

I can't remember who expert was but I posted the thread!
Yesterday I saw a different socket cover in the joJo catalogue- its an antigrip shape and u have to use a coin to turn a dial in the centre to get it out. Haven't made up my mind yet but may get some- need to look at reviews. They r Lindam ones and I think £4 for 2 so not cheapy cheap but depends how many sockets u wanna cover I guess! X

I didn't know about this! I won't bother getting any when the time comes

Do you know what the wierd thing is pinky

My HV gave me the socket covers (a big pack of them) & told me to put them on asap (LO was 2 m/o) the next visit i hadn't done so & she pulled me up for it.

:shock:

Since hearing the info on here ive banned them

Our HV was recommending them as well, till I pointed out that DH - who's an electrical engineer had gone nuts at me for buying them. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Read the 'fatally flawed' website above. They don't conform to any specific safety standards, are easier for little fingers to take out, and if plastic is too soft can be put in upside down taking out the earth leaving a live socket. Also not required as British sockets are designed for even a very you baby to put fingers in.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

My husband is an engineer not an electrician but knows a lot of this kind of stuff and I was saying the other day we need to get socket covers as Kynon has been playing with sockets and he said not to get them, I only half believed him as well and was going to get some today as he was turning his bedroom socket on and off and poking the holes, def won't be getting them now, maybe I should listen to my husband more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back