Please try and answer so confused!

YoungAndNaive

Reaction score
Okay so i guess i should start at the beginning......i had a termination on the 08/04/2011.
I hugely regret this but whats done is done. i recovered really quickly and all preg symptoms went straight away. i was 7 weeks when i had the procedure.

On the 21/04/2011 i had sex with my partner unprotected (i know i know :S)
to be honest at the time i didnt think much of it and didnt imagine i could possibly get pregnant so quickly after a termination.
so a few weeks later i expected my period to come....and i didnt get it.

i took a clearblue digital.....Positive.

so i went to the doctor took a test negative. same doctor who i had before she was really nasty, even though i had said if i was pregnant i wanted to go ahead with the pregnancy.
she told me to come back in a week or test again myself.

5 days later....took a 2nd clearblue digital....positive 1-2 weeks again.

so a few days later i went back again doctors test was negative. i asked her to please do a blood test and she said know one could do one at the moment surely she is a doctor i thik she is just being awkward.

as soon as i left i took another clearblue... again it was positive.

Am i pregnant? What should i do?

i want to know so i can either get excited or get on with other stuff.

im slowly getting symptoms similar to before but the doctors has convinced me im going crazy. please someone enlighten me.

thanks xxx

Are the clearblue tests you're taking the digital ones that say 'Pregnant' on them, or the ones with the blue dye +/-? If they're digital tests I'd say you're definitely pregnant. Doctors' tests should be very sensitive but the dye tests they use aren't always sensitive enough to detect early pregnancy, particularly if your urine sample is quite dilute

yeah there the ones that say pregnant (digital) 1-2 weeks, do you know how far along i would be?
ive worked myself up so much i just want to be sure before i get excited...

thanks for answering x

They're only a rough estimate of how far along you are because levels of the pregnancy hormone vary massively in the first few weeks, but generally if it says 1-2 weeks it means you are 3-4 weeks pregnant

Id agree with Sam mum... doctors tests generally arent as sensitive as some home tests. Alot of surgeries of including my own dont even stock them. I would give it another week or two and then go back to ur doctor with a sample of ur FMU and ask them to test and confirm.

id also re test in a weeks time and see if the test comes up pregnant 2-3 weeks

Sounds like your pregnant, I also did the clear blue ones, they are more sensitive than doctors ones so your probably 3-4 weeks. Only other possibility is you still have a few pregnancy hormones left over whizzing about in your body from the previous pregnancy which can give a false positive reading, best thing to do like the others said is test again in another week to be sure, know it will be a long week for you though!

Thanks for the reassurance and advice il def test again next week. your right longest week of my life i think

i would say your deffo pregnant huni.

maybe test again in a few days just to be sure...

good luck. xxxxxxxx

good luck hun xxx one of the ladies on here did a couple of digi clearblue tests that came up positive and had 2 negative tests at docs, cause their tests arent as sensitive as the digi ones. they did a blood test and pregnancy was confirmed so chances are same will happen to you. its prob just early days x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back