Please tell me this is normal!

Rosie1

Reaction score
OK sorry if TMI, but I am a little freaked out.

My right nipple has been tingle for a little while now, and i just took a look at it and there is white liquid oozing out of it! :shock:

Now, i'm assuming its milk, and its not yellow or smelly (sorry!) so i don't think its an infection, i am just a bit confused as i thought your milk comes in the hours AFTER baby is born.

Am i just really dumb?!?! :oops:

Hi Rosie,

This sounds completley normal to me, this happened to me at about 15 weeks and I nearly died. It's colostrum which is the milk you produce for the fist few days after the baby is born. Some people experience leaking before the baby comes and others don't have any leaking at all until LO arrives. If it becomes really bad you can use breast pads to stop an leaks.

It's a bit scary isn't it.

Alex xxx

Hello Leaky Lil,

Yep, you have boobious, leakious. Don't worry, perfectly normal, but you may want to invest in some pads to put in your bra, to avoid embarrasment :hug:

B

I'm jealous, I want this! Hehe, sounds weird but it must make you feel like a real Mummy, prepared for your LO. My nipples have been really tingly lately and very painful when cold so I'm hoping my milk will show itself sooner or later.

Also, TMI / bit sick maybe (you decide) but OH wants to try it... :rotfl: xx

Lovely stuff ain't it? :lol: it started at about 15 weeks with both of mine. It can be white and clear or yellowy. Yum :puke:

Hi

This is quite normal and it sounds like it is your milk starting to come through and build up so don't worry unless your boobies look like they're becoming infected or starting to smell.

I'm still waiting for mine to start and thought it would have started by now as it's my 4th pregnancy but nope but my boobs are extra sensitive at the moment and last night my right boob was really itchy and driving me nuts.

mmonroemaniac said:
i remeber my friend showing me this!

eeew i don't think i'd want to share this with any of my friends. I've had some leakage since week 19/20, my OH pointed it out saying it looked like mustard and he wasn't cuddling me til I'd washed it off :shakehead: Got some breastpads which I'm wearing every day just in case :oops:

Just wait until you sit in a warm bath or hear a baby cry in Tesco's! :rotfl:

ASD123456 said:
Hi Rosie,

This sounds completley normal to me, this happened to me at about 15 weeks and I nearly died. It's colostrum which is the milk you produce for the fist few days after the baby is born. Some people experience leaking before the baby comes and others don't have any leaking at all until LO arrives. If it becomes really bad you can use breast pads to stop an leaks.

It's a bit scary isn't it.

Alex xxx

I've had this too! It's not much at all, not enough to wear pads or anything but it dries all crackly and horrible :(

You're not alone hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back