• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

please tell me im.not cruel

1529boutique

Reaction score
When its bed time for dd if I put her down she will scream and scream and scream until she falls asleep usually I go in anf get her but then I have the same problem later on so I just leave her to cry is this bad think or wrong thing she's in her room now screaming herb heart out she won't settle any other way and its only me she does it for. I wantt to get her but she will just be the same again next timer and its hettibhg later and later

no ur not at all, its the only way shell learn :) dont feel bad unless its a pain cry shes fine xxx

I've done controlled crying with both my children and highly recommend it. Charley would cry his heart out when it was bedtime so I did CC and after 2 long weeks he now loves bedtime and gets excited for it!
Do the same bedtime routine every night at the same time.
If your LO cries when you put her down leave her for 5mins before going back in to settle, no talking to her though, leave the room, if she starts crying again leave her a little longer before going back in to settle again and keep repeating.
Charley's longest crying spell was 1.5hours before going to sleep but it got shorter and shorter before he finally stopped crying at night! It did take 2 weeks but I stuck to it and it worked!
I know it's hard but be firm, it does get easier x x

I just feel so awful she gives in eventually longest is half Hr but this has come all of a sudden in the past two weeks it so. She will let her dad put her in but Me no chance lol unless she's fallen asleep in her bean bag first

I've had this problem too hun, and some nights I have had to let him cry.. He's fed, clean bum, wind up etc.. I know he's fine, but I guess it's just a mothers instinct that when we hear our baby cry we are drawn to it.. Tonight is the second night in a row that he has slept through (he would usually do what you said, cry until I lifted him, 2/3 times a night) so I'm hoping this is it..

I tried everything, and this was a last resort and it has worked, I hope it does for you too x

She's been a perfect sleeper since day one and what we do is give her dinner a bit of play then change her let her hav milk in her bean bag whilst with the light low and tv on low and then aim for 7.45 bed time and she always gome down with few or no tears. Maybe its coz oh has had two weeks off and now hes gone bk to work this week so when he is him from work she wants to br up with him I cnt com0lain to much coz she sleeps right through until 9

If it works hun and your comfortable doing it then I would say carry on. You're not cruel x

I did this with alanna.. worked fabby till 6 weeks, she would sleep 8 hours a night.. and then i moved back in with my parents and i dont think its fair on them to do it that way >.< so her sleep is screwed uppppp

Controlled crying is letting them soothe themselves to sleep alone, as long as it's an "I want mummy" cry and not hungry etc

I just let her cry tonight was so tempted to get her but I never went bk in. N she went to sleep after about 15 mins maybe a little longer but I cnt complain coz she will sleep through till 9ish maybe later I just hate the thought of her last time before she's asleep she's so upset.

I feel the same hun, I hate LO ending his day in tears, but it's down to exhaustion too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back