Please help...what's it like being pregnant?

Hi Chris,

Please invent something to help me put my shoes on...or to help tie my shoelaces at least :(

Its so hard bending down when you have a football in front of you, makes all the blood rush to my head and squashes all my insides bending down.

Also something to massage your back would be nice, but not something crappy, something that really hits the spot and that is portable!

Hi Chris,

The main niggles I have are

Cramp in my calf in the middle of the night which means I have have to get out of bed and move around to make the pain go away

Needing to pee all the time - especially inconvinient at night

Suffering from heart burn everytime I eat something

Suffering from painful lower back ache, even when in bed

I have also just started to get really out of breath alot of the time.

Hope this helps

Angelfairy

Chris, you dont need to thank budge..she is a bit crazy..it comes naturally to her :rotfl: :rotfl:
You know what im totally agreeing with the ironing thing..always kills my back doing that..and the getting up the stairs..my DH suggested i run up and down stairs to get me started...i cant even walk up once without needing to sit down at the top, how does he expect me to run up and down? :shakehead: :shakehead:

hev&madi said:
when i was pregnant i needed a porta potty lol

I agree! and always need to go in the most inconvenient times.

Oh and a device that makes OH do all the house work (without moaning!!)would be nice :)

Chris the student said:
PS. If anyone lives in the Falmouth they could be of even more help.

I live near Falmouth! (well-ish!!) But anyway not preg anymore so prob wont be able to help you!!
(sorry for my pointless post !! :rotfl: )

in that case..you might be able to help me out.
Where is falmouth? :think:

Eblinx said:
in that case..you might be able to help me out.
Where is falmouth? :think:

Falmouth is a lovely little place on the South coast of Cornwall. Great if you like sailing, surfing, pasties and having fun. Been a bit grey and wet lately tho - but hey that's a Cornish winter for ya.

Girls i am not being funny but no body meet this man please. how do u know he is a student and not a murder that has a thing for pregnant women!!!??

bit weird we have had the same post from too different men??

xxxx

Lol i don't think anyone would meet him!!!!

Keely said:
Girls i am not being funny but no body meet this man please. how do u know he is a student and not a murder that has a thing for pregnant women!!!??

bit weird we have had the same post from too different men??

xxxx

Im guessing its a assignment set to the whole class and possibly a number of classes around the country doing the same course and some of the fellas in these classes have had the same idea of checking out pregnancy forums and asking what the women on them want, im guessing it would be more then two posts if more fellas were brave enough to come on to a forum full of hormonal women and risk replies about devices to shave lady hair! :rotfl:

I live in Cornwall but am not and have yet to be pregnant so would be no use and my mum (and keely) told me never to meet strange men! :rotfl:

ahh that is a bit far for me.. :shock:
I think chris is very brave for coming on here with all the hormones flying around :lol:

My main problems in pregnancy were really bad nausea for 5 months and now that I am in the later stages of pregnancy backache and being breathless is a big problem. I also am finding it increasingly difficult to cut and paint my toe nails and to put my knickers and socks on as I have a bump the size of a space hopper in front of me. Oh and also my body is ruined as it is covered in stretch marks.

Hi everybody

Thanks so much for all the positive responses this has given me lots to go forward with and was exactly what I wanted - lots of open honest debate with lots of topics covered (many that I simply wouldn't have imagined, and some that made me blush a tad :rotfl: ) and lots of common trends that paint a good picture of what's needed out there.

Keeley - I completely understand your concerns, and being an internet forum virgin (no pun intended!) only realised having read your post just how dodgy it must seem. To be honest though I was desperate for information having been met with unanimous suspicion and hence no volunteers at every avenue I have pursued. I am overwhelmingly thankful however, that at least the relative protection of this 'cyber discussion' has finally provided some dialogue, and concrete research. :clap:

Please continue to post your thoughts and feelings, and a HUGE THANKYOU goes out to everyone who has taken the time to help. I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies and beyond, and may post some images of concepts borne of your input at the end of the project - just to prove I really am a student.

Cheers again.
Chris.

PS. I new this whole baby thing was a bit uncomfortable for mums, but I now have a whole new appreciation for just how hard it is!

Good Luck Chris......can't wait to see what you come up with!

Chris the student said:
Hi everybody

Thanks so much for all the positive responses this has given me lots to go forward with and was exactly what I wanted - lots of open honest debate with lots of topics covered (many that I simply wouldn't have imagined, and some that made me blush a tad :rotfl: ) and lots of common trends that paint a good picture of what's needed out there.

Keeley - I completely understand your concerns, and being an internet forum virgin (no pun intended!) only realised having read your post just how dodgy it must seem. To be honest though I was desperate for information having been met with unanimous suspicion and hence no volunteers at every avenue I have pursued. I am overwhelmingly thankful however, that at least the relative protection of this 'cyber discussion' has finally provided some dialogue, and concrete research. :clap:

Please continue to post your thoughts and feelings, and a HUGE THANKYOU goes out to everyone who has taken the time to help. I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies and beyond, and may post some images of concepts borne of your input at the end of the project - just to prove I really am a student.

Cheers again.
Chris.

PS. I new this whole baby thing was a bit uncomfortable for mums, but I now have a whole new appreciation for just how hard it is!

glad to hear it chris!!! so you will be prepared to be kind and loving to the future mother of your children and in the meantime be sure to spare any woman of an accidental baby by wearing your wetsuit or making sure you get off a stop early. :wink:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: although, that was put much more 'tastefully' that what it could have been!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back