Please help - changes in bumps movements

beanster

Reaction score
Have been joking about how little jumping bean likes to wake me up at 4 in the morning for a kick around sometimes and i notice movement when i go to bed too. On Friday night though I was being kicked for an hour or so before i could get to sleep and then woken up at 4.50 and was kicked about till 7.20. Then had a lot of movement in the day and evening. Went to bed at 10.30 ish last night and was kicked for ages. Have spent most of night awake being kicked about. It hasn't been this active before and now i'm worried that it might indicate some distress. Have looked for info on internet and either says not to worry or might indicate distress with the cord! Anyone else had this. Don't know whether to ring anyone or not. Now I'm panicing cos I'm not feeling it so much.

Hi hun,

I think movement does start to change around now as the LO is running out of room, as well as moving down into a head down position. If you're worried that the pattern of movement feels different and you feel concerned, call you MW & talk to her. Last week my LO felt like they were moving less, but when I saw MW she said they had just gone into head down & was prob kicking me where I couldn't feel it. Baby will be making the most of what room is left in there, and remember, sometimes they will just have lazy & active days x

Thanks Jennyfarful
Think I shouldn't have looked it up on the internet at all but was worried enough to think it might be something so i did (if that makes sense!)
Anyway some still say nothing to worry about and some say that it might mean the cord is wrapped round.

mine use to go nuts the chill then go nuts again she has slowed down loads last few days

Hey beanster, my LO has gotten pretty active over these last few weeks and I do think its cos she's getting bigger and that she's running out of space. She also has days where she is more active and days where she is less active. Suppose if you compare our LOs to us, we all have spurts of energy and days we just couldn't be assed :lol:

Trouble is that we have to plod on and get stuff done, whereas our LOs are just kicking back, relaxing and giving Mummy more bloody drama and worry :lol:

I'm sure your little bean is absolutely fine hun, but if it is worrying you, why not have a wee chat with the MW to at least ease your concerns. x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back