Please help- advice needed

laura-82

Reaction score
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to find out about this.

We have just found out that our company has gone into administration (what does this mean exactly, will we lose our jobs???) - we have an announcement at 10:30 today - everyone is gobsmacked it is such a shock.

BUT what will happen about my mat leave pay???? I am due to finish on 30th Nov. Will I still get SMP???? Am so worried please help.

Feel sick at the thought of all those people losing their jobs its awful.

I'm so sorry about what has happened. From bits I've seen elsewhere over the years, I beleive the administrators usually try to keep the business running while they try and find another buyer for it. I don't know the time period they have for that or how you will be affected with your maternity pay, but I think I saw a link to a site yesterday that had that type of information in it (I just can't remember which site so it's probably best to do a google on it).

:talkhand: You absolutly CAN NOT go. It's not allowed. You must chain yourself to your desk and hold on tight to the computer. I refuse to allow it. How will you pay for your petrol??

More importantly....what will I do without you??????????

I was only joking about letters ffs.......GET BACK HERE...

Laura?????

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you have a union? I'd call them a.s.a.p, or if there is a union at your company and you don't belong to it there's still no harm having a chat with the rep... Otherwise try acas or the c.a.b. My company went bankrupt once, admittedly I didn't need mat pay then, but I lost a months wages and even though I went through a tribunal and won, I never got my money back :(

emma28 said:
:talkhand: You absolutly CAN NOT go. It's not allowed. You must chain yourself to your desk and hold on tight to the computer. I refuse to allow it. How will you pay for your petrol??

More importantly....what will I do without you??????????

I was only joking about letters ffs.......GET BACK HERE...

Laura?????

:cry: :cry: :cry:

LOL- My mum went & paid for my petrol - phew

Have been told another company are interested in buying us but we won't find out until maybe Friday but if not then were in for the chop :cry:

It was awful, I'm not in a union but I think I'll wait & see what happens this week & then see what happens about my pay. Its not what I need right now, feel so stressed out :wall:

So can they just do that then? No redundacy or anything?? I'm guessin if they not gonna pay you your wages then you'll not get anything?

No wonder you're stressed hun.. I'd be to take away :hug:

one of my jobs went into liquidisations and we was being paid by them as the company didnt have no money. we still lost our jobs. i dont know about if u will get your smp or not maybe ask citizens advice for that matter or try get a number for the company taking over your company whos trying to find another buyer.

emma28 said:
So can they just do that then? No redundacy or anything?? I'm guessin if they not gonna pay you your wages then you'll not get anything?

No wonder you're stressed hun.. I'd be to take away :hug:

We have been told that if this company doesn't buy us out then it could take at least 6 weeks to get our October pay & I think there will be redundency money too- hopefully. It maybe not until after Christmas :cry:

:(

usually the administrators keep the company running for a set period until they find a buyer.. when that buyer takes over.. they have to take over all the current contracts for each employee so i assume that means maternity pay also... if they don't find a buyer before u go on maternity leave then i doubt u will get your maternity pay until they do....

We've got another meeting at 2pm so hopefully it will be good news- fingers crossed

:pray: :pray: :pray:

hurray !!!!!!!!

The Company has decided to buy ours out so we should get paid in the next few days :cheer: :cheer:

Hopefully everything will be ok & I will just get my mat pay as normal.

OMG its such a relief - its not good seeing grown men cry :(

Thanks everyone :hug:

Thank goodness!! :cheer:

What a day. Hope John has your tea and a nice bubble bath ready for when you get in :hug: :hug:

emma28 said:
Thank goodness!! :cheer:

What a day. Hope John has your tea and a nice bubble bath ready for when you get in :hug: :hug:

ooooo yeah that would be nice- dont reckon though :lol:

The owners of the new company have just came in to meet us all thought I was going to cack my pants :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back