• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Please Can I Have Advice From Mummys Who Weaned Early...

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
As you may have read we have started weaning Theo. i just wondered if he is having too much.not enough food
this is what a day looks like for him
(potions are usually 2-3 tbs of food... which work out about 5-6 baby ~4Months~ spoon full's)

7:15am - Bottle 240ml + 2 1/2 Tsb of baby cereal (works out about 5-6 baby spoons)

11am - Bottle 240ml + (5-6 baby spoons) of fruit puree (apple, strawberrie, pear, banana ect ect etc)

2:15pm - Bottle 210ml

6pm - Bottle 240ml + (5-6 baby Spoons) of Sweet Potato Bake (or something like that)!!!

this is okay? theo munches down all of it, and i think would probably eat more then that, but i dont want to over feed him, i am unsure of what he "actually" needs. and what he will just eat for the sake of it. i dont want him to turn in to a big chunk! haha.

any advice would be great. Thank you x x x

Sounds plenty for now as he's still quite young.
As he gets a bit bigger just increase the size of his portions. Give it 2 or 3 weeks before doing this though, so his body gets used to it.

do you think that he might be having too much? i dont wanna over load his tummy.... im not sure how much he should be having to be honest..... ???

When Becky was Theo's age she was just about to go onto one meal a day. Just after 5 months we moved her onto 2 meals. She was about a week off 6 months before we made it onto 3 meals a day.

If he's taking that much milk and is settled I wouldn't worry too much about the food to be honest. Becky was taking 8oz bottles every couple of hours (including overnight) for a couple of weeks which is why we weaned her early. If she hadn't been so starving all the time then we'd probably have hung on a bit longer.

well we only weaned him early becuase he was waking up through the night, his day time sleep pattern went eratic (where as it was set in stone) he couldnt go very long between feeds, and would just cry and be grumpy and chomp on his hand, he used to sit and stear at us whilst we were eating also. since hes been having food he has stopped all of this. hes been so happy. i just worried about giving him too much food......

If you're happy feeding him 3 meals, then keep it to 2 or 3 spoonfuls. I was giving Angel 1 or 2 meals at that age. But i worked in cubes. I froze a lot in ice cube trays so she'd have 2 cubes at tea, or 1 at lunch if i thought she was needing it.
She now has 3 meals and a supper.

We started weaning at about 4 and a half months, tbh even now how much she eats varies so much, she decides what she wants and when she's had enough she stops.

One day this week she had 1 spoon full of food all day and was quite happy, today she's had to large meals, lunch and dinner and been fine with that.

I know there's meant to be a variation in FF and BF babies and controlling their food intake but i just trust Tally to deceide what she wants, atm she doesnt need breakfast so she doesn't have it.

I thought we'd start off with only a few spoon fulls of food a day but from the start she's always eaten quite well (well things she likes) and like you we weaned cos she wasn't sleeping, and she was feeding almost 24/7 and grumpy. I tend to go by how content she i and how much she sleeps, you know him best, and i think you'll know when he's hungry, screw what everything else says!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back