"pins and needles" in the ribs?

Rosie1

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this?

for the last week or so i have been getting a dull ache under my right ribs (front and back), so i am assuming it is baby pushing them, but i am also getting what can only be described as pins and needles, on my ribs. Its definately "inside" me and not on the surface, and its really quite horrible.

Anyone know what it could be?

Sorry no, haven't had it myself but not sure I am far enough along at present.

Found this here

Another less common symptom experienced in late trimester pregnancy is paresthesia around the ribs. What's paresthesia? Numbness and tingling; if the baby sits high in the uterus, the expanding uterus puts pressure across the diaphragm and the lower ribs causing irritation to the intercostal nerve, which runs between the ribs. And... you experience numbness & tingling or pins & needles. Chiropractic can help - get a checkup!

Hope that helps, although getting it checked out by a midwife would probably be wise :D

Yes..I had it around the same stage as you. :(
I think it's just another one of those things that you can't do anything about-my Midwife said it was rib flare...so basically stretching like you said.
Hope it eases soon.
:D

I just started getting that today. The painful ribs has been getting worse over the past few weeks. Thought it was wind at first but now it feels like my skin is tearing away from my ribs and it really is sore. This afternoon the pins and needles started and it feels like its under the skin too. Hope it doesn't last too long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back