pins and needles in hands???

rach

Reaction score
hi everyone was wondering if any one can help ive been up now for most of the night 2 nights on the trot with pins and needles in my hands and burning pain and numbness from the tip of my little finger up to just below my elbow just on that side of my arm its not particularly painful just annoying and uncomfortable was wondering if anyone else has had this? if its cause for me to contact gp/midwife? anybody have any ideas to what it could be? am a little bit worried now
:( xxxxx

Hi rach sorry I haven't had pins and needles in my hands but have been waking up with cramp in my calfs :? if you are worried perhaps you should speak to your gp or m/w just to ease your mind.

Hope it gets better for you.

Xxx

hmmm really not sure what to do dont want to call doctors on weekend and feel a bit silly calling midwife :oops: feel like im wasting everyones time :( especially if its nothing to worry about xxx

I have had this for the last month or so (nearly 39wks now). I told the midwife and she didn't seem concerned. Said it is to do with the swelling. When talking to friends who have had babies a lot of them had it too and told me it is Carpel Tunnel Syndrome (not sure on spelling). I think it is something to do with swelling around the nerves etc, giving you pins and needles and pain. There is nothing you can do about it i'm afraid but its not going to harm you or the baby in the long run and goes when baby is born. I am not sure on all the details though and if you really are concerned I always think it is better to speak to your midwife and just put your mind at rest.

thanks ally and lindsay think il wait till monday and maybe see gp see how it goes xxxx

ohh i feel for you, i had this sooo severvely in last trimester it made me cry, if it gets bad you can get wrist supports and be refferd to physio, it does fade after giving birth, but ive suffered it before pregancy so im now on waiting list for surgery.

ice on ur wrist helps as it relieves the swelling around your meridian nerve, the ones thats causing the pain. HV will suggest u dont do it, but it does give instant relief, and if u cant sleep banage a ice pack around each wrist, i had to in the end, and i finally got some decent sleep.

if u do suffer after giving birth little things like doing poppers up on babies clothes becomes impossible :cry:

yea, I did get it as well, esp.in my fingers...as you say, not the most painful, but really annoying! anyway, same here: MW did not seem concerned about it...one of those things, she said...but mind you, with her, everything was "one of those things" :)

try changing position, I found that use to help me, I would get it mostly at night, so I would put my hands and arms on my side, and that would generally do the trick for me!

mel xx

well another sleepless night :(
thanks paradysso its not too bad at the moment seems to dissappear in the day and come on about 6ish in the evening wrists and hands dont seem swollen or anything so i dont know :? not really in pain just feels horrible like when youve been lying on your hands and cut off the circulation :( its making me a bit clumsy too finding im dropping things all the time and spilling drinks etc going to gp 2moro just to get blood pressure checked to put my mind at ease as i thought at first it might be something to do with that will have a word with him while im there
thanks everyone xxxxxxx
and thanks paradysso for the advice will keep it in mind should things get worse hope yours is not too bad at moment and the waiting list is not too long for you xxxx

Thanks

mine never hurt as such, its purely the pins and needles, but mine got to the extreme i cud of probably bite myself and it wudnt have hurt lol it becomes a pain, i used to do nights as a care assistant and when i was taking breakfast trays to the residents room, i constantly dropped them coz i lost all feeling :lol: :lol: :lol:

i now have it 24 / 7 and the worse time is when im driving :? :? :shock: :shock:

hang in there, its very common, but if its causing sleepless nights tell the HV or Dr. Sleep is important, coz u wont get any soon :lol: :lol: :lol:

little update......
seen gp this morning and he done a few tests on wrists and said he didnt think it was that carpal tunnel whatever it is lol sorry a bit thick but if it gets worse or doesnt go he will assess me again :? he also done my blood pressure while i was there and said it could be to do with that or that baby was lying on a nerve blood pressure was high and has to be done every 2 days until it lowers :( and he has signed me on the sick for my last 3 weeks in work saying i need to rest more :shock: so am now home with very peed off employers and strict orders off doctor to stay home and put feet up till next blood pressure check which will be wednesday morning when i have my gtt test thanks for all your replies and help xxxxxxxxxxx

Orr rach sorry your blood pressure is up, make sure you rest lots, Doctors orders :wink: at least you have finished work now, how lucky, I am jealous still got another 9 weeks left myself :(

Xxx

hi lindsay am feeling ok in myself am relieved work is over with i think that was starting to stress me out and now ive not got to work it dont matter when i cant sleep as i can now have a nap in the day its fab :D
hopefully blood pressure will sort it self out i had high blood pressure on my son but only for a few days maybe its just my body saying enough is enough i have been doing a lot lately :oops: decorating etc now il take things a bit easier xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back