• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pineapple

jennifer1981

Reaction score
My midwife told me yesterday to encourage labour.... instead of just eating pineapple you should suck the core as this contains the most enzymes which kick start labour.

So therefore im going to bounce on my birth ball later whilst sucking a lineapple core... (if anyone could see me they'd think id gone mad) :lol:

Il let you know if there is any progress!

And with a cup of raspberry tea in the other hand lol!!

Good luck! I hope things get moving for you soon! :pray:

I heard that nine pineapples is the required amount to help set things off! I wonder if that means you should be sucking on nine pineapple cores? :lol:

Ohhh, I hope it works for you. Is bouncing on the ball supposed to help too?

Alex xxx

Mildly said:
I heard that nine pineapples is the required amount to help set things off! I wonder if that means you should be sucking on nine pineapple cores? :lol:

:shock: :shock: I can barely eat ONE pineapple never mind nine of them! If I get desperate enough I reckon I could do it though! :lol:

yeah apparently bouncing on the ball encourages the baby to move down and engage more. I only started doing it last week on advice from the midwife. You need good leg muscles for it though. I only manage half an hour in the night!

Are you supposed to bounce or rock though?? I have one in my room but can never be bothered to do it but if it helps I might try :D

Hope it works for you but I hate pineapple so hope I don't have to do that!

They are on offer at Tesco for £1 at the moment!! :wink:

I was eating fresh pineapple the day before my waters broke so im sure it worked for me. :D

I can't wait until my due date, I am going to have nine pineapples that day :cheer:

Mildly said:
I can't wait until my due date, I am going to have nine pineapples that day :cheer:

Very precise number there Mildly! :rotfl: Just to be competitive, I'm going to have 10!! :moon: xxx

hiya

pineapple worked for me, made my contractions even stronger,

good luck though

bobs xxxx

I ate a whole pineapple on saturday night and on sunday morning i was wakened at 4am with lower bachache, and then again at 0830 with period pain cramps. unfortunately when i got up it stopped. should've gone for a hot bath then, but going to try again soon :lol:

dannii87 said:
Mildly said:

Very precise number there Mildly! :rotfl: Just to be competitive, I'm going to have 10!! :moon: xxx

Right that's it! :talkhand:

Now I'm having 11 :wink: :moon:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back