PILES!

Duds

Reaction score
Bit of an embarrasing topic but sod it, thought id ask.... Has anyone suffered with piles since having a baby or are they any worse since having one? thought id run a poll on this too.
I never used to have any & couldnt bear the thought of possibly having them, when I was in labour a little friend poped out to say hello & doesnt want to go back ! I eventually managed to control the unwanted pest until now that im pg again & im well suffering :oops:
can you use pile cream when your pregnant?

i wud ask your midwife but it hun coz sum creams arnt safe while pg:)

You have my deepest sympathy hun- I too had never suffered until after labour and it took me ages to get clear of them too. If you find out the answer then let me know it's good to know if there's a solution when pregnant as I'm sure I've got them for good somehow :?

+++

I got them after giving birth and theyve never really went away, the come and go it can be really painful, u can ask the chemist see if theres anything suitable for when yer pregnant xkelx

I had mine removed (on the NHS) about a year after my son was born. Best thing ever - I started with them in late pregnancy and they never went away afterwards, so after a couple of trips to the doctor bending her ear about them, I was pleasantly surprised when she said I could have them removed! One tiny one has remained, but I've not had any problems with it in over 10 years. It really is worth having it done if you can.

I'm not sure about what creams you can/can't use during pregnancy though (I can't even remember if or how I managed to soothe mine!) but I hope you can get something to relieve them Duds - they're truly awful aren't they :(

if u look in the ask a mum bit of the forum u will see the big moan some of us are having about them lol!

they r horrible, never used to have any probs but since havin Jamie I dread goin to the loo!! :oops: :(

Duds, I got piles when I was pregnant and they were absolute agony especially in the last few weeks.
My doctor prescribed Anusol cream and :oops: pessaries. They didn't really do much but then the doctor said the piles were there to stay until the baby arrived. Almost on the day Tom was born the piles shrunk! They're still there but tiny now and hopefully on their way out!
You can definitely treat them but see you doctor to make sure what you're using is safe. Also, you'll get the stuff on prescription and won't have to pay.
Lucyx

I got a couple after labour but they went very quickly.

Anusol was rubbish but got some Anusol HC on prescripition and that did the trick! :D

i never had them throughout either of my previous pregnancies, but this one ive had them since about 20wks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back