piles i think.................bit concerned

Huddsgirl

Reaction score
I recently posted a topic about when i went to the toilet it really hurt. we come to the conclusion it was piles.
Anyway since then i bought some cream to help with piles(anusol) and have been using it two days now. My question is how long do they usually take to go and how bad does it have to be before you consult a doctor??? cause i went to the toilet today (number 2's :oops: ) and there wwas quite a bit of blood in my stools and in the toilet. not quite to sure how bad this is considered. any advice???

I know blood in your stools/toilet is normal with piles as I've seen it mentioned on here before.

I'm not sure when it clears up but I thought I'd mention that.

Hope it gets better for you soon! :hug:

yea i knew there would be some blood, but when i look in the toilet water it has gone completly red/pink. and it is almost dripping like a period..............sorry tmi but just want to know if anyone else has had it this extreme

I got piles with after having DS and they flared up really bad a few months ago. I had exactly the same symptoms as you, dripping blood into the toilet, excruciating to go for a number two and I found that the anusol worked really well. I had to use ice packs wrapped in a flannel at one point which were quite good at numbing down below before I used the loo.

Mine were gone about a week after they started, try to wait until you really need the toilet before going so that you are not straining too much and make sure to eat a good diet.

Ooohhh the pleasures of womanhood are endless :rotfl: Hope your feeling better soon and if you feel really concerned maybe you could have a word with a female GP or nurse to put your mind at rest. (Although if your like me youd rather put up with the ice packs and anusol lol) xxx

Thanks for that!!!
That sounds exactly the same as me. well i will keep up with the cream then and pray it goes away quicky. I would try the ice pack thing but i think mine are more internal. i cant see anything in the mirror and it hurts before im even on the toilet ................o well hope it passes soon

I replied to the original post but after reading this it definately sounds like piles! :hug: I know how it feels, still suffering from it.

You might have a fissure though, That hurts like hell and can cause the same amount of blood. x

i'm sure it is just piles hun and will clear up but i'd still pop to your docs so they can double check.. im always over cautious with blood it was a symptom i left with my crohns..

Huddsgirl said:
yea i knew there would be some blood, but when i look in the toilet water it has gone completly red/pink. and it is almost dripping like a period..............sorry tmi but just want to know if anyone else has had it this extreme
I did after Lola! :(
Things went pretty much back to normal roughly about a week of using the cream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back