Periods

swan1

Reaction score
Hi folks, I had my little boy 5 weeks ago, i only bled for the first 10 days after and am just wondering when my periods will return, is there a norm or is it a case it can vary wildly from person to person? Now i am not that keen for them to arrive or anything i just wondered!!!!

Alison

Its really varied, with my forst i bled for 2 weeks, had 2 weeks off and then came on, with my 2nd i bled for 3 weeks had 6 weeks off and then came on. Just be extra careful with contreception as it can take weeks for you to have a period. And congratulations on the birth of your son xx

it depends on a number of factors, whether your breastfeeding or not, and probably most importantly how your body has reacted to giving birth, i breastfed for 12wks with my daughter but didnt have a period for a year, had to have HRT to start them off again

I am not breastfeeding, I had a relatively easy birth and have recovered pretty much fully, just the expected tiredness of broken sleep!!!

I bled for about 2 weeks after the birth and my periods returned 6 weeks after the birth :)

i bleed for 10 days after i had my little man and my period returned at six weeks, but ive been on for eight days up to now which is really weird for me as i only used to be on for 2 days! :( :|

I bled for 6 weeks & then had my first period at 8 weeks!

after having my son i bled for 2 weeks then had my first period when he was 8 weeks old

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back