Period issues when ttc

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Aprilxxx, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Aprilxxx

Aprilxxx Well-Known Member

Hi girls,

it’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I left after having my rainbow baby! Anyway I always got really good support and advice from here. I’m looking on TTC for mum 2 (if possible) in the new year.

My periods are irregular though and it’s only been happening the last 6 months. I’ve always had a 28 day cycle but then 6 months ago I’d range from 26-32 days! My periods have also got ridiculously heavy. I don’t know what’s happening.

By chance this month we dtd most days when I was probably the most fertile (not actively tracking).

my period was due yesterday. I got up at 6am with my son. Had spotting that was bright red so put on a pad and went about my day..went to work. But nothing. Thought it was strange but then the same thing has happened today. Tiny amount of bright red spotting then nothing! What on earth is happening!? Has this happened to anyone else? xxx

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Member

Hi April, it sounds like it could be implantation bleeding, have you tested? Sending you loads of baby dust xx

3. MysticKitten

MysticKitten Well-Known Member

My cycles aren’t super regular, but I always got strong ovulation symptoms. (Some cramping, egg white cervical mucus, high sex drive) Range from 24-31 day cycles but still ended up pregnant the first cycle trying. (That’s not the case for most) just saying irregular cycles don’t count you out or necessarily make things more difficult. Spotting also doesn’t mean you’re out. I spotted for around 2 weeks with this baby but I’m 17 weeks now and all is well. Best of luck hun <3