Period from hell

Juzza

Reaction score
OMG. Does anyone have any idea what the guiness record is for the longest period in history?

This is my second since Jacob was born (the first being normal at 5 days in length)and i'm in my ninth day! And i've just started the pill again so thought it would be even lighter and shorter. I feel like a zombie today and am supposed to be taking Jakey to post-natal exercise class tomorrow and thurs. How will i cope?!!!

Juz xxx

lol i have been bleeding for more than 4 weeks now, it will never stop i suppose :shock: Fed up with it though. It is not heavy but every day it is heavy enough to need a pad

Blimey futuremum - is that definitely menstrual blood then and not lochia? - i can't and won't go through that again - it was bad enough after the birth.

Please please please...

I'm on my 2nd period at the moment. Only day 2 but it is a lot heavier than my first one. Hopefully wont last weeks! :pray:

WHen you should you get your first period?

I still havent had one. I solely breastfed for the first 3 months and in the last week have changed to introducing formula, would that make a difference?

I bottlefed Jacob in the end and i got my first period 2months after he was born - i know breastfeeding can delay it though - sometimes for a year!

I had been getting cramps though from about 3 weeks ago annd knots in my stomach and still nothing. I took a HPT and it came up negative but i dont know when i would be due so I dont know when would be best to test!!!

Sounds like you've been a naughty girl too then - i've only just managed to sort out my contraception after one negative HPT - phew!

I think the bf has a lasting effect - by that i mean that if you bf for 3 months it could take that long for the hormone levels in your body to change again after starting formula.

Could be very long pmt or your body settling down after bf?

I'm afraid we all have to wait and see and put up with the lovely surprise!

Thank the lord my period ended today - thought i was gonna have to open an account at Tampax!

Juz
xxx

Juzza said:
Blimey futuremum - is that definitely menstrual blood then and not lochia? - i can't and won't go through that again - it was bad enough after the birth.

Please please please...

I might sound stupid but what is lochia?

Well i am taking this cerazette pill. i had 2 periods in 2 weeks then nothing for 2 and a half months and now i am still bleeding, do not even count anymore it has been so long :shock: My oh thinks i am lying to him when i say sorry but i am bleeding :think: and i cannot miss work to talk to gp about it so will have to have my periods for another 6 weeks minimum to get this sorted :(

Lochia is the bloody discharge straight after birth. It can last upto 6 months - sometimes stopping for a while in between. If it's proper blood then it's probably menstrual. Can you not see a doc in lunch or straight after school? Is cerazette a mini pill or combined?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back