Period after miscarrage

March11

Reaction score
I had a miscarrage 5 weeks ago and got a negative test 4 week ago, i was expecting to get my period now 4 weeks after the test but i've read that some people count from their heaviest bleeding. Just wondering about peoples experiences of getting there period again after miscarriage

I'm still waiting for my first af after mmc too but have been told that it can be variable and may be not settle into your normal cycle straight away. I'll be watching this thread as I've wondered about this too! xx

After my mmcs, I had ERPCs so bled for around 2 weeks after that and had to then wait another three weeks for my cycle to start up again. I was told it was common for your period to start anywhere from four to seven weeks after an ERPC - so it took five for me but can be sooner or later. Sorry that was kinda vague but hopefully lets you know some timescales.
xxxxx

P.S. I was also told that even when your cycle starts up again it may be irregular for a while so not to worry if it is

Last edited:
I had the medical management for my miscarriage on 7th April (passed the products on this day) and I got my period exactly 28 days later.

i had a d&c, i was bleeding for 15 days, got my period at 30 days after d&c. i usually had 25 days cycles.
my period was a little heavier than normal and lasted 5 full days instead of almost 4.
this cycle, the second one after d&c, seems weird too as i didnt ovulate yet, meaning that it will probably be again longer than 25 days.
it will take a while until hormones come back to normal but it will happen eventually. if not your doctor can give you hormones to help you with that, but you are not there yet :) :hug:

I had a D&C too for MMC, as bleeding would not stop, so wasn't really anything left to pass /bleed after, just light spotting like the start of a period amount. But this did mean I had only 26 days to wait till my first period started. (I normally have 28 day cycles and I think if I hadn't have been lucky enougth to fall pregnant straightaway again this next cycle I would have had a week longer one than normal, as I ovulated late they told me as I was 6 days behind in dating by the 12 week scan to my LMP dates, this I agree with as saw signs of ovulation EWCM after we had stopped bedding and so went again, and this I think is the only way I caught the egg for my son. (Waffling now, but just mentioning this to say I would bed more / more regular and for longer after a MC as it really can change when you ovulate and length of cycle if TTC straightaway)

You really are more fertile after - so wishing you lots of luck X

After my mc may 27th, my period came 2nd july, lasted for normal length (4days). Now im 5 week preg :) I also got told it would take between 4-6week for your period to arrive after mc xx

I am one of the unfortunate ones, I started to mc naturally after being told my bean had stopped growing, this was 1st July, and I am still bleeding now! A full 5w plus a day! And no sign of it stopping yet, I also had a pos test still last week at 4 weeks post mmc, I haven't done one since as I ran out so I have no idea if it is neg yet!

I would say that if u have had a neg 4 weeks ago to expect AF some time soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back