Period after egg collection?

tinselcat

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I had egg collection on Friday last week (5 days ago) and stopped all meds then.

Yesterday night I started noticing what I thought was orange discharge. This morning I still had it so called the doctor & she prescribed antibiotics (without seeing me/taking a swab).

Anyway having just gone to the toilet I am wondering if this is a period? It looks more like blood now.

'Down there' is pretty uncomfortable right now (thrush/infection-like symptoms) so I am confused what is going on and the ACU/doctor's are now closed for the day.

Any advice on what might be going on & if this is normal/ok would be appreciated!

xx

Hi honey

Sorry, I can't really help but I know I didn't have this. I had no bleeding until my period which was bang on two weeks after EC.

I'm surprised the doctor didn't see you first just to check everything was ok and that antibiotics would help. I don't know, maybe it's common and a sign of infection? Do you have a walk-in centre there or anything you can go to, or would they fit you in tomorrow?

I hope it clears up soon whatever happens xxx

If I remember rightly when I went in for the egg collection they gave me a 1 off dose of antibiotics. Fx you don't have an infection hon. Seems strange tho that she wouldn't examine u at the least to check for other signs of infection and find out what the infection is sensitive to.

Is it offensive in smell? If it is then infection is likely and you def need a swab and antibiotics X
Are u on progesterone ? Any increase need to urinate or any abdominal pain? Xx

It could be a period? Perhaps the collection disturbed the lining?

I have a pad on now and looks like period is here.. Bit surprised it was so quick but I guess big doses of hormones can confuse your system! Am not on any progesterone as they were just collecting eggs this cycle and fortunately no abdominal pain or hurting to wee. However I didn't like the smell of things yesterday but seems as littler crazy to base a diagnosis of that?

You can never get an appointment with the doctor in person at my surgery, I got telephone triage - they were even closed this afternoon! The doctor even said she had no idea what the problem was!

I possibly had an infection after having Harrison and that's how the midwife told me to assess it, look for pain and offensive smell! Even when I got my period she said you will know if it smells different and more offensive! It did so I got given abs just to be on the safe side but I also had a lot of pain.

Maybe it's because you have not had any progesterone and maybe that's what happens if you suddenly stop all meds. Just keep an eye on things, esp pain xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back