Pelvic Girldle Pain?

Hmm.. Becky sorry your midwife wasn't more helpful. Hope the exercises help, otherwise I would go back and ask for a physio referral :hug:

Ani, glad the physio massage helped, hopefully yesterday was the most painful it'll be for you :D

Lea my physio said I had an unstable pelvis and didn't actually mention PGP (although from research it seems to be the same thing), I think they send on their report so your midwife can see. I would ask her on Thursday what the official diagnosis is :hug:

Thankyou Mildly!! :hug: I will definitely ask! I wasnt expecting a quick fix to it but since doing the exercises she gave me, I have more pain but now over the other side and at the bottom of my stomach? :think: I will ask about this also! Im not sure which actually hurts more lol the hip or now the bottom of my belly lol!

:roll: i wondered where this topic went to :roll:
why was it moved to ask a mum :think: surely its to do with 2nd tri :think: or has it always been here :doh:

babydust said:
:roll: i wondered where this topic went to :roll:
why was it moved to ask a mum :think: surely its to do with 2nd tri :think: or has it always been here :doh:

Yeah, I keep looking for it in 2nd Tri and then I remember its over here. I believe it was moved soon after it was first posted.

LOL I always saw it in here haha I didnt even know it had been moved!
The physio told me today that it is SPD I have! :( But as it is early on and the bones havent moved or anything that if Im careful, it shouldnt get any worse!! She told me NOT to google as it will scare me lol and told me not to worry! I guess as Im under her, it will be ok! I think if left undiagnosed must be terrible!! :(

I have SPD and I can't lie down flat in bed now...I can't turn over or lie on my hips without bad pain and not being able to do much in the morning! So what I've found helps is propping myself up in bed with lots of pillows (at a 45 degree angle) so that I don't ever lie on my hips. This is good because your pelvis doesn't get twisted in the night and get aggravated. I put a pillow under my knees too when I'm in this position.

I am seeing an osteopath who massages the bum cheeks and muscles all around lower back, plus he does some movements of my hips and legs.
That is helping a lot.

The physio might give you an elastic girdle thing to wear. I have one. I found it is only useful if you plan on doing any walking (even fairly short distances it helps). I don't wear it during times when I'm just sitting down or driving because its tight and doesn't seem to help at those times.

I think SPD is all about managing it as best as you can. I hope you get some improvement,

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back