• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Peeling skin

tinytoes

Reaction score
I've noticed Lily's skin is dry and peeling a lot on her hands , feet and tummy . The nurse said it is probably because she was overdue when she saw her yesterday but I'm not happy with that as she is two weeks old now and was only five days overdue :roll:. It doesnt seem to be sore and I have been bathing her using only warm water and putting baby oil on her regularly as she is very dry . Has anyone else had this ?

Charley had this and he wasn't even late! I used olive oil which worked but he smelt of chip fat lol then started using oilatum which was fab x x

Dexter has it to, he was 2 weeks overdue and is now almost 3 weeks old
It's getting better now :)
I've been giving him warm baths and then alternating between baby oil and baby moisturiser rubbed into his skin

I'll try that and see how she gets on . poor little mite it just looks uncomfortable ya know ?

I used olive oil on Aidan's dry skin.

I found johnsons products dried his skin out :( and still do along with a lot of other baby products.

Oilatum is good. x

Oscar had this on hands and feet - esp around ankle/heels - it lasted for quite a while and he was 1 week ealry.

We never used anything on it, but as he was born in the winter his feet and hands were covered quite a bit, once we let the air get to them all the time it cleared up literally overnight. xx

Drake had it on his hands and feet too and he was 3 week early! It's there skin adjusting to the outside world. We used johnsonsbaby moisturiser twice a day and it went after a few days.

Yeah I thought it looked uncomfortable too, I can imagine if it was my skin it would be itchy lol
But he doesn't seem to even know it's there :)

Sophia had patches of dry skin for a few weeks. It never seemed to bother her.

Avery was like this up until a week ago, but sometimes after a bath she'd still have the wee odd bit.

MW told me to apply E45 cream and it worked a treat. MW told me that it was normal as they're shedding skin after being in the womb? She was just concerned that it would start cracking and then it would be sore, hence the use of E45. But then different MWs tell you different things eh lol

It never gave Avery any bother it seemed, apart from her squawking the place down when applying the E45 cos she simply couldn't be bothered being bothered iykwim lol x

My little charlie has peeling skin and he is now 1week and 2days old. MW said to use olive oil or vasaline, but surely vasaline would leave him all sticky?

What do you think would be the best thing to use? Xx

My little charlie has peeling skin and he is now 1week and 2days old. MW said to use olive oil or vasaline, but surely vasaline would leave him all sticky?

What do you think would be the best thing to use? Xx

Hiya :wave:

I found that E45 was really good ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen