Peeling grapes and mashing apple?

Redshoes

Reaction score
Something interesting happened today (I live a sheltered life lol)
My best friend has a daughter a few days younger than Isaac, its her 3rd child, and she was making her something to eat, she was peeling grapes and about to cook some peeled apple. I asked her why? because Isaac eats grapes with the skin on and I've not mashed his fruit for over a month, she was amazed that Isaac ate as he did, but she was more amazed when her LO ate the same, un-peeled grapes and none mushy apple, I feel I've given her some free time now as she doesn't need to spoon feed 'peeled, mushed' fruit :lol:

Apparently she's afraid of her choking, which isn't funny at all, and I don't want to make light of it :hug: I just wondered if this is something other Mummy's worry about? The only thing Isaac now has with a spoon is weetabix, porridge, things you HAVE to eat with a spoon, everything else he holds and eats himself, whether that be veg, fruit, bread, meat.. :think:

I gave Leif half a grape at toddler group on tuesday but when i went to give him some on wednesday my mum took it off him and started peeling it and giving him the grape in tiny bits telling me he will choke :x makes me mad!.

I used to be very wary about what he ate but the more time i spend with my cousins daughter who is 2 months older watching what she does and eats the less worrying i do.

I was being pretty liberal with Maia's food, but the other day I gave her a strip of dried mango to chew, and she got it so soggy that she put the whole strip in her mouth in one go. Then I panicked a bit and thought she might choke on it, so I took it off her!

Now I want to attach things to bits of string! lol

With Lydia I used to hold grapes out to her, and she would bite it in half and eat that first, then she'd eat the other half. So she'd eat grapes in halves :)

I thought you weren't meant to give LO's whole grapes.. just because of their size and shape makes them perfect for getting stuck :think: I don't even remember when I've heard that or where from but i've never given a baby a whole grape because of this?

But def with other food, i've started giving Jack different foods to hold and play with. I think it's good for them, I've even given him the spoon, he chokes on it most of the time putting it to the back of his mouth but thats only way he's gonna learn i guess :D

I still cut them in half for Kai at the age of 2

I've always been scared of Nathan choking but in the last month hes been eating apple and grapes all by himself no problems. He even ate a whole cherry tomato before, he wouldn't touch his cut up ones he wanted my whole ones :D I was so proud

im very afraid of choking :( i probably mash melissa's food too much, and not giving her enough finger food :( im just so frightened tho when she splutters i wig out

jayde has loads of fingerfoods her avourite at the minute is quavers she adores them she only has cereal and probally her tea mashed up thtas all but i want to try and get her to feed herself soon with most things :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back