peanuts?

annem

Reaction score
just watching this morning and the dr on there says its fine for preg ladies to eat peanuts as there is no prove to prove otherwise.

What do you think? safe or not

im not sure to be honest
i love bombay mix and dry roasted peanuts and when ive fancied some ive had some

i think its just if nut allergies run in your family

:think: there is none in my family but i've got a bit of eczema and was told to stay away from peanuts while preg but if there is no proof?!

i'm missing the peanuts that are covered in different coatings!!

I'm getting annoyed with all these foods to avoid. They keep changing their minds. I'll be gutted if I'm doing without poached eggs for no reason :cry:

Ive just not eaten tonnes, ive had the odd snickers and other choc bar with em in but thats about it really.

I also do think its to be avoided if its a family thing, i've always eaten heaps of them in last pregnancy and in this one without any probs!

I think it's all nonsence to be honest...

My mum, dad, and me have all got/had asthma... and I ate peanuts with Tia, and she was just fine. She's really quite healthy actually... :think: I think because I wasn't apposed to her being out in the dirt and grime.. She got really ill when she was 9 months with meningitis and that's been her most serious illness so far...

She has dermititis on her hands and feet... but I have ecsma on my feet, and the GP said, that the water in our area is very hard (really, it's shocking! :shock: ) and it's likely to be caused by her putting her hands/feet in the water or wet for a long time. Also the huge extremes of hot and cold we have here, because of the aircon etc.

I think you are either predisposed to asthma/allergies etc... and that eating peanuts isn't going to make a blind bit of difference. Many countries actually wean their babies on products made with nuts, yet have lower rates of peanut allergy than the UK and US where the advise is not to eat peanuts. :think: I did post a link to the scientific research that is currently being done on this which was really informative... but have only been able to find this one...

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/65648.php

When the children were 2 years of age, 13 children out of the nearly 660 children tested were found to be sensitized to peanuts (2 per cent of the sample). Eleven of the 13 sensitized children had a family history of atopy. Of the 13 sensitised children, 10 mothers stated that they had avoided peanuts during pregnancy. The advice on peanuts should be reviewed, conclude the researchers of this study. "No Peanuts" was being confused as universal guidance during pregnancy, and further, maternal peanut avoidance during pregnancy did not appear to be associated with subsequent peanut sensitization in infants.

So avoid peanuts if you wish, but it will not guarantee your child will not have the allergy.

arr. My eczema is only on my left foot!! its come up really bad since being preg, maybe because of the extra heat in them at the mo!!

i think i may treat myself to a little bag today!!

thanks :D I think i'll have to pop to the shop now as i can't wait!!

I didn't avoid peanuts completely when pg with James (still had them in chocolate bars and stuff) and he's fine, even though I had eczema and asthma as a child (I've grown out of both as an adult thankfully)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back