Private scan at 9 weeks?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by lillou, Jan 21, 2008.

1. lillou

lillou Well-Known Member

i am booking a private scan at 9 weeks, can anyone tell me if that would be an internal scan or just a normal one?

2. Lianatoot

Lianatoot Well-Known Member

I really dont know.....I have had 2 scans so far and both have been internal, I am having a nine week one today...so I dunno what they will do.

3. mandspice

mandspice Well-Known Member

Hiya,

I had one at 9 weeks 5 days and it was a normal one - it was really clear and I could see a proper baby shape with arms and legs moving :D xx

4. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

All my scans right up to 15 weeks were internal...

It doesn't hurt...but its not particularly dignified... but then be prepared to have no dignity by the end of your pregnancy anyway.. :rotfl:

Internals are better tbh... they show the baby up crystal clear.. I had one at 7 weeks due to bleeding and we even saw her moving (well it was more of a twitch... but we knew she was ok when we saw that :) )

5. Bagpuss17

Bagpuss17 Well-Known Member

I had one at 9 weeks with my first and at 6 weeks and both were normal scans. We got a good pic of things using a normal scan.