pasta

:hug: Aww don't be getting all hormonal on us :hug:

you are not a bad mum you silly sod

I just find it easier to make Jacks seperatley as he is in bed at 6ish and we eat after so i can fidle about during the day for him

I can't be held resonsible for being an angel that fell from heaven :angel:

NOT :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Costs and arm and a leg to eat fresh all the time

For me I think that jars are a rip off :oops: You can buy fresh veg for a fraction of the cost of jars and make loads up. I don't know what shops and stuff are near you though :? .
I never buy from the supermarket as it's so expensive. We get our veg from the greengrocers in the village where Matt works and I'm sourcing a decent butcher now our village one has shut. Personally I find it a lot cheaper to eat fresh than ready meals. Approx cost of a couple ready meals is what, £4? For that I can get two pork loin chops and a load of veggies. Or we buy steak mince in bulk (1lb freezer bagged) and freeze it (10lb for £13). 1/2lb of mince is enough for two of us for a meal (spag bol, cobbler/savoury mince that kind of thing, we normally cook up 1lb and have it over 2 nights). As Matt is the only one working I have to watch what I spend on our weekly food budget, but since I started only using Tescos for cleaning products, toilet rolls and that kind of thing I've noticed a big drop in the our bill. We normally buy a months worth of meat for around £30-35, freeze it then just buy veggies every couple of days. My local butcher used to offer deals if you bought over a certain amount of things, I got 10 pork loins (nice ones, not the big fatty ones) for around £8.

I'm not meaning to offend you, just saying that I think that fresh doesn't always mean expensive :)

I don't buy jars hun, he has packets stuff and finger foods of whatever I'm eating/toast/fruit. But buying fresh for the whole family is what I meant. That or I only see to find expensive stuff? Veggies I know are dead cheap, but me and DF just don't eat it alot. Maybe I should make more of an effort if I'm honest, but a £1 frozen pizza in the evening does me, and I only have a sandwhich during the day, or maybe toast too sometimes. God I don't eat much do I! I just don't have the brain to make dinner/faff with food for ages etc.

*mental note, make more effort to cook!*

I know you wern't meaning to offend hun, I think I've probably got myself stuck in a lazy rut if I'm honest. Oven on, food in, done in half an hour. No faffing. :oops: And Damien can't live off that :oops: It's definately not healthy for him!

Firstly... Congratulations on your Pregnancy Sami! So happy for you! :cheer:

Don't feel like a bad mum... I am being far more ambitious with Oscar than I had been with my other two. I am just determent to have one more "Foodie" in the house! :D

Try a new fruit or veg a week. What sort of veggies do you like? You know yourself, they are important for us and there are so many ways to enjoy them or make them tasty!

Emilia xx

Sorry to say but i am a real hypocrite when it comes to my children eating
I don't eat fruit at all
i barely eat veg only broccoli, cauli and sweetcorn
i hardly eat meat as well apart from mince and chicken
:oops:
i eat loads of pastas and rice dishes

i love cooking differant stuff but rarely eat what i have made

i don't eat breakfast, might have a sandwhich when Jack goes to bed at about 2 then have my tea
:oops: written down that looks really bad :oops:

I think it's important if we can recognise where we've gone wrong and make it right in our children. We have access to so much more these days - it makes it so much easier to be heathier.

I just happen to love food and cooking. I had a little bistro until Oscar came along. I also have a great interest in finding out what's really in our foods - therefor, I make things myself.

I can not think what could possibly be more enjoyable than food, especially when I can share it with good friends and family.

We should enjoy every single bite we take!! :D
Emilia xx

Sami I eat crap during the day! It's an effort to find the time to make a sarnie, I usually have toast! I'm also not a fan of spending ages in the kitchen (can only sit Ella in front of Baby Einstein for so long!!). Something like pork chops and veggies I find quick and easy to bung on. Or jacket potatos, just stab them and put them in the oven.
Savoury mince is easy, brown the mince and onion whilst you have some carrots, swede (whatever veggies you want really) cooking. Add the water and veggies to the mince and bung in the oven in an oven dish and cremate for a while :D Then have with some mashed/boiled/roasted potatoes.
My old butcher (miss it there :cry: ) used to do some great tubs of frozen diced chicken/turkey/lamb/pork/sausages/chicken pieces for really low prices that I'd stock up on.

I've had a couple days of not eating great and I feel really yuck. We've still got some meat in the freezer (including some belly pork that DH wants to cook Gordon Ramsey style :roll: :puke: ) but no fresh veggies and DH isn't back at work til Tuesday (Tesco veg doesn't taste the same to me, it's all massive and tasteless :? ). We're up the inlaws tomorrow and they've got an allotment so I am hoping to skank some veggies and eggs (they've got chickens) I love free stuff :lol:

jo said:
Sorry to say but i am a real hypocrite when it comes to my children eating
I don't eat fruit at all
i barely eat veg only broccoli, cauli and sweetcorn
i hardly eat meat as well apart from mince and chicken
:oops:
i eat loads of pastas and rice dishes

i love cooking differant stuff but rarely eat what i have made

i don't eat breakfast, might have a sandwhich when Jack goes to bed at about 2 then have my tea
:oops: written down that looks really bad :oops:

That's much like me hun, I'm a terrible eater although I do like food.

I am going to make more of a concious effort to do things, I used to not mind cooking, but now the less effort the better :oops: I need to get more adverturous with Damien too, we use packet foods as it stays down, everything else comes up. It's a bit of a difficult one, but I guess she's gonna have to eat 'proper' food all the time sometime! I buy him fresh fruit when out for snacks, but at home we just dont have it that much.

And thanks Emilia :D I'm dead excited!

Better start eating better for this one too!

Kina said:
(Tesco veg doesn't taste the same to me, it's all massive and tasteless :? ).:

I know what you mean! I buy organic when I do buy veg, organic carrotts are lush just cut into strips and muched on, Damien loves them too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back