passport question - for those who got their babies one

Scarletts.Mummy

Reaction score
so im cool with the passport idea its fair enough.

But how in the hell do you get a proper photo that will be acceptable with a young baby????

Im going abroad two months after LO is born so will have to get sent off within first few weeks.

Help :wall: :?

most photo places will do them for u for about £5

I got Arianna's one done at a local chemist - think it is £2.99 for 6pics.

You sit with a sheet over you and then the baby on your knee facing the camera.

Good luck!

I just had to get Evie one and it was hysterical - I was kneeling on the floor on the photobooth helping her stand on the chair and my OH was peering round the curtain from the top trying to get her attention and make her look forward :rotfl:

It was difficult enough with a year old, god know how you manage it when they are only a few months :roll:

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/index.asp

There is a guide on here about photos, the rules for babies are slightly different as their eyes do not have to be open, although it is preferable if they are.

I've got t get the passport application off within days of LO;s arrival, its going to be a nighmare getting the photo but its gotta be done!!!

I attempted a photo booth with Alex - it didn't work at all well. It nearly killed my arms actually lol.

So in the end I did this:

I put a big white sheet on the floor flat
I laid him on it
I stood over him and took a photo
I then went to www.picturelizard.co.uk
I sent off the photo online and paid £2.99 and they sent me it back in 4 passport photo sizes
presto :)

I did the same sort of thing for Lydia but I stood her in front of a white wall instead :)

MUCH easier than tackling the photo booths.

We had our LO's passport photo's taken in the hospital by a professional who was offering quite literally "newborn" photography. Saved us fussing about how to do it afterwards.

Also I know Lloyds Pharmacys have a special chair thing they put newborns into it's covered in cream sheepskin and they take the photo's that way - they are accepted. Just make sure LO isn't having a nap as their eyes have to be open.

i got mine done in snappysnaps for a few quid. i tried to take them in a photobooth and it was an hilarious waste of time :lol: :lol:

i love the fact that connor will be travelling with the same passport in 5 years time :roll: :D :D :D

brilliant ladies thanks for all your replies.

Good to know I have quite a few options to try haha! :) sounds like it could be fun!

Im considering just going through to the passport office to get it fast tracked as it will give me more time.

nat xx

I had mine done at Snappy Snapp and they put a cushion on a floor and LO on it. She didn't even wake up (and yes her eyes were closed).

Good luck with it. Remember to let the registrar know that you'll be travelling soon so that they can give you an emergency appointment to get the birth certificate (which you'll need for the passport).

We got our passport three weeks after LO was born which is great as we will be travelling next week...

I had my lads done at Max Spielmann (is it even still open?? lol)
They lay him on the floor on a sheet!

I covered the back of Jenna's bouncer with a white towel, then took the photo while she was sat in the bouncer - easy! I used www.photobox.co.uk was 99p for a sheet of 8 photos and they arrived within 24 hours (£1.50 postage)

I was going to lie her down and take the photo with a white sheet behind her, then i'll resize the photo's and print them off, we used these for ours so should be fine for hers too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back