parent groups

mermaid

Reaction score
I really want to get out to meet other mums and I'm thinking of going to some of the groups in my area. I don't know what they will be like but was wondering which mums on here go to groups and what you think?

hiya hun... i don't go to any groups but if you go on to netmums.com you can meet a mum near you
hope that helps

NCT run coffee "mornings" (they aren't always in the morning) which are open to non-members as well. You can find details on the website. I tried one of these when I was feeling a need to talk to other mums.

The best that I found for me was my Post natal group run by the HV's this had a really good bunch of like minded Mums and we have met up a couple of times since the post natal classes finished. It is great to compare notes and swap ideas.

I also went along to a local mother and toddler / baby group a few times which was good to get me out the house. Ellie enjoyed watching the other children, though most were a lot older than she was (I took her along when she was 3months). I found out about that one through a link that somebody posted on here. Sorry I can't remember it though.

nic & keeley, I never knew about the netmums site and it's fantastic! Just what I wanted - a way to meet other mums in my area. Thanks :D

Olivia and I go to a group called baby rhyme time at our local clinic, it's great Olivia loves it and everyone is really friendly!

I was never to keen on going as i had a bed experience when brooke was little, but when my neighbour managed to drag me to rhyime time we both loved it and i wished i gone much sooner!

It's good to get out and talk to othe mum's. i hope you get on ok at your groups :D

I've never been to one, too much of a wimp to do it on my own :roll: but several of my friends go to things like it (I wasn't invited along, nice eh!!!!) and they all really enjoy it.
I've met a couple of girls through netmums & will hopefully use it again when we move counties, its a great website :D

I went to the breast buddies group yesterday and really enjoyed it! I got lots of info from the very experienced mums and it was so relaxed. I am pleased I went and feel like a proper mum now if you know what i mean?!

Kelly - which rhyme time is that? I have heard of it and would like to try that one too. :D

It's at the Immingham baby clinic on a tuesday 2-3, It's off for 2 weeks tho as the lady has 2 weeks holiday to take so it will be back on tuesday 3rd april!

it's a lovely group lots of lovely people! It's 50p a session to cover for drinks and biscuits and things!

We start off singing a welcome song to the children, then sing a couple of nursery rhymes, the she gets the toys out and gives the children that are old enough a biscuit! She also gets paint out to make pictures for the wall etc!

She often does footprints and put's thier names date of birth and weight on and laminates them for you, they are really nice!

Everyone is really friendly and chatty!

Baby rhyme time is from newborn untill they can walk confidently then they graduate to toddler rhyme time!

Hope you can come it would be nice to meet you :D

Hey that sounds really nice. Love the footprint idea, I have done a canvas with Fin's footprints! Hope I can come along sometime though I am closer to the Grimsby groups! Do you go to any of those?

Awww I wish there was some breastfeeding groups here, can't seem to find any :( and the HV said there wasnt any she knew of.

Ill have to start my own I think :think: ,

At my House- tea, cakes and boobs :lol:

Hi Mermaid, Glad you enjoyed going to the group, did you find out if there are any more you can go to?

I was so nervous about going to a mummy and baby group but my OH kept saying it would be good for me and now I have 4 really good mum friends, we meet up 2 or 3 times a week and even leave the babies at home with the dads and go out for a few drinks occassionally, I'm so glad I went :D

Tasha20 said:
Awww I wish there was some breastfeeding groups here, can't seem to find any :( and the HV said there wasnt any she knew of.

Ill have to start my own I think :think: ,

At my House- tea, cakes and boobs :lol:

:rotfl:

i have two in the road next to me. one on a monday and one on a friday. They are run by surestart (it is a government run jobby). http://www.surestart.gov.uk/surestartse ... dsettings/

My HV recomended the mother and baby groups they run. they tend to be great (apart from the thursday one, but that becuase one mum goes and lets her boy run around jumping over any babies laying on the mats, spitting everywhere :puke: )

Thanks for that Sam, I have looked on ther before but they have none in my area :( all abit far for me im more near Solihull and they are in minging areas :lol:

Thanks anyway :hug:

no worries luv.

do you have a church local to you? some advertise there, because they use their church halls?

no thats the only one i goto!

There is another one in immingham at the trinity church on a thursday, i have never been with Olivia but i did go a few times with brooke when she was younger and i didn't like it much! the parents had thier own little groups and din't make you feel welcome!

I thought maybe it was because im quite shy and was only young then but my neighbour went last week and today and she thought the same!

At this one the children just run around and play with the toys (very noisey) and the parents sit and chat, they dont really do anything with the kids apart from a trip to Pets Courner every year!

In my opinion it would be to noisey for a newborn and you wouldn't be able to put Fin down incase one the other kids fall on him!

But saying that everyone is different and if you did go you might like it :D

Hope I can come along sometime

be nice if you could :D

Thanks for that Kelly. :D I am hoping to try the baby massage and yoga group one day too. I have also heard about a dads group which I am trying to get OH to go to! I'm sure he would enjoy it meeting other dads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back