pains and hospital again...

kirlykird

Reaction score
Bit down today...

Started yesterday with cramping period like pains and they have got worse today... :(

Called NHS direct and they advised me to go straight to A&E.

Did so and was at hospital for a few hours... got well taken care of...doc says as there is no bleeding and bp and urine etc was ok that I was safe to go home...

However, have to go back to ultrasound tomorrow for a scan at 12 to make sure that baby is ok.

I'm a little concerned, I have bad period like pains going from the front of my tummy all the way around to my back and down the tops of my legs, they aren't constant, they last around 30 seconds to 1 minute and are spaced out around every 15-20 mins ... I feel crap!

Suppose I just need to put my feet up and hold out until tomorrow though I am a little worried :cry:

I think if the hospital were realy concerned about the baby they would have scanned you there and then, it'll probably be more for your peace of mind the scan tomorrow if you know what i mean?

Just try and relax today and put your feet up :hug:

hi kirlykird,
i was in hospital friday night for cramping in my tummy!
had another scan and everything is fine!
the midwife told me its because everything is being pushed out the way and the muscles in my tummy are all stretching! maybe thats whats happining to you?
shell x

Im sure all is hunky dory hun, but will be hoping all is ok at scan tomo :D

Thanks ladies, I know I should look on the bright side and expect all to be ok.

You're prob right Viicki, my OH said the same.

However, I had the same thing 4 weeks ago and it just seems to be a recurring worry.

Had a bit of sleep though now and my head is feeling a little more rational.

Hope you're ok now Shell...

It's amazing how a few well wishes can make you feel better x :D

sorry to hear you are feeling down, i'm sure it is just stretching like everyone says but i know you won't feel happy until you see the little one on the screen, try to put your feet up and relax :hug:

I had the same thing Kirly at about the same stage as you.
Turned out to be ligaments stretching. Painful but nothing to worry about.
Hope all is oK. L x

good luck hope all is well, i had these pains a little last week not as bad as you though, am thinking of you tomorrow let us know how you get on xx

Kirlykirk were you seen at the john radcliffe?

When I went in there with pains they wouldn't give me a scan.

How did it go yesterday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back