Painfull Pelvis :(

Tasha20

Reaction score
lol I think I spoke to soon yesterday on Jaidys topic about sleep, I was up every 2 hours :roll:

Well over the past couple of days my pelvis has been abit sore, but last night it was at its worst, when I kept getting up in the night it was a right mission to move out of bed and walk! it was really painfull in my inner thighs and hips, felt like I had lots of pressure.

It's not as bad this morning but still quite sore when I walk, is it to do with that relaxin on the pelvis thats causing this discomfort?

last night i couldnt sleep or get comfy in bed...

my back was killing me :x

Tasha20 said:
lol I think I spoke to soon yesterday on Jaidys topic about sleep, I was up every 2 hours :roll:

Well over the past couple of days my pelvis has been abit sore, but last night it was at its worst, when I kept getting up in the night it was a right mission to move out of bed and walk! it was really painfull in my inner thighs and hips, felt like I had lots of pressure.

It's not as bad this morning but still quite sore when I walk, is it to do with that relaxin on the pelvis thats causing this discomfort?

Sounds like SPD Tasha, it's awful isn't it...Sorry to say but it doesn't get any better but ive never asked the midwife for anything such as a support girdle thing because I diddn't want to come to reliant (sp?) on one. Try the exersises posted in 3rd tri index.

But I have had trouble sleeping from 20 odd weeks, the thigh pain is the worst, and lower pelvic pain...especially if your trying to get from 1 side on to your other side, it's a right mission. I think OH is fed up of hearing me in pain at night, I feel so guilty because he has to be up for work early and there's me making alot of noise in pain, he asks if there's anything he can do but there isnt...unless he has a crane hid away somehwere to lift me from 1 side to the other lol.

I had a feeling it might be, yes it's very painfull, and trying to move around in bed is a nightmare.

I wouldn't like a support girdle either, I'll just get on with it :?

I will mention it to the midwife next week and see what she says.

Thanks Jade x

I'm sure there are other things to try too Tasha, ive just never asked about them, ive always thought I'll get on with it, the only thing what's kept me going is the thought that it will be over soon...I HOPE...I PRAY :pray:

First time I mentioned the pain to my midwife she said it's just because the baby is lying arcoss my womb and using it as a hammock, but baby has been head down for a while now and the pain never went at all :evil:

No point in getting any help for mine now, i'll just have to try a few exersises or something.

Hope it goes after birth!

Yes they maybe something else she can do :D I hope for your sake it goes away for you :hug: Her head has been down for the past two weeks and it feels like her head is quite far down too.

Oh I hope this goes fast :)

I got this the other night, seriously horrible pain in my pelvis and trouble walking... but I just thought it was normal pregnancy pains. So havent bothered saying anything to my midwife :?

I have had this too, I have found that squeezing my things together with a pillow between them helps, things seem to "pop" and then there is some rellief! ( this is one of the excercises recomended in the SPD post) My pain is right in my groin and near my bits!!!!! Also I have pins and needles in my hips...... night time is the worst though!!

yes I would deffinatly say the night is the worst especialy trying to move and get out, I have a very low bed, even though in the SPD sticky it says that low beds are good I wouldnt say so at all I can just about get up and out of it :?

Its really difficult when you have no stomach muscles either!!!! I find actually sitting up in bed really hard and I am having to pull myself up with my arms!!

How glamourous!!!!!!!!! I am like a beached whale!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Lyndsey said:
Its really difficult when you have no stomach muscles either!!!! I find actually sitting up in bed really hard and I am having to pull myself up with my arms!!

lol,me too,and walking to the loo in the night i look like i need a walking stick :rotfl: xx

nikki1306 said:
Lyndsey said:

lol,me too,and walking to the loo in the night i look like i need a walking stick :rotfl: xx

:rotfl: Me too :rotfl: It's so funny...but painful :(

At least we can all laugh about it.... and we all know the results in the end are worth it!!!! :D

Yes very true Lyndsey, lol I think if i didnt laugh I would cry.

Oh only 10 weeks to go lol :?

I had this, esp bad at night i thought it was spd but then it went when i got to the later stage and was told it was just baby pushing down further ready for engagement. Hope its that rather than SPD for you hun id talk to MW though and see what she says.

xx

Tasha me and thee are vey close together aren't we!!!

what date is you baby due? mine is 22nd Dec...... if you are on msn then please add me!!! [email protected]

thats true for anyone who wants to chat!

Lyndsey

I will mention it to the midwife when I see her next week thanks cassi :wink:

I am due the 24th dec according to the docs, did have msn but I had to take it off it kept locking up my comp and I couldnt get on here :(

I had really bad thigh pain yesterday, it felt like id been to the gym and that id done too many laps on the bike if your with me???? Horrible, crampiness in my thighs but its better today.
I suffer a lot with my lower back, that gets so achy!

The pelvic girdle is nt as bad as youthink,honestly.its like a velcro belt which is 6 inches wide approx which you place round your hips and under your bump,it does make things slightly easier as it holds your pelvis in place,little things like sitting on a carier bag in the car so you can swivle round and putting a sleeping bag under you in bed with the shiny side facing up ,all make this easier for moving

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back