• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

painful sneezing and no bump

dolly

Reaction score
hi everyone, haven't posted for a while as all has been relatively quiet on the symptoms front...apart from when I sneeze!

I was in bed yesterday and I did a sneeze that had me doubled up in pain around my abdomen. The pain subsided after about 30 seconds and there is no bleeding or discharge. I am just really worried about etopic pregnancy as I am 11 wks today and still have no bump at all (and I am a buxom size 12)

any one else have these pains or lack of bump?
Dolly xx

Hi Dolly, I have the same problem too, I also get sharp pain in my belly when I get up too quickly after I sat for awhile. but my pain only last around 15 seconds. I am meeting my GP tmorrow for my booking in appt. so I will ask him then. Sine there is no bleeding, I am not that worried. I will post again and let u kow what my gp said.

Hi Dolly,

I sneezed the other day and got a shapr pain on the left hand side of my abdomin. Felt like I'd pulled something.
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

And some people don't get a bump until they are well into the second tri so please try not to worry :hug:

Charm X

i can relate to the getting up too quickly and having that sharp shooting pain -what feels like its come from either side of my womb.
I think its normal and park of the uterus stretching and your muscles all around that area stretching.
The doubled up in pain after you sneeze that lasts 30 seconds - i dont have this, id just go to your gp and get checked out. He/she may book you for an early scan or tell you its normal! But to put your mind at rest, id go the docs.

I think its normal ligament pains. I have had them before when sneezing or standing up too quick. Really painful but i think they are normal.

my bump never started growing till 13 1/2 weeks.

sounds like stretching pains, as your baby grows all the ligament start to soften, and the muscles stretch.

As to the bump some people don't show till late on i think i was about 15-16 week before showing anything that resembled a bump.

i have this and the getting up too quickly one I find it best to curl your legs up when sneezing or coughing it doesn't hurt when you do that! My midwife said she had never heard of it - funny how everyone else seems to get it though - I may suggest my midwife retrains!!

lol missac, i get both too and no-one else seems to have heard of it, i also get it when i cough...bxox

Hi

Sounds normal hun :hug: some grow fast like me and others like you just grow a little slower but bet youw ill catch up real soon
Katrina

I also had and have the same problem with the sneezing. Is this your first pregnancy? I didn't start to show until i was 16 weeks with my first, 14 with my second, and this one straight away my clothes wouldn't fit!!

hi everyone, thanks for the advice. Sounds like it is just part and parcel of my baby growing at such a rapid rate. I have my scan next week though so will double check with midwife and see what she says!

:hug:

Hiya,

As the others have said its all part of being preggers. You'll get alot of pains, discomfort, stretching etc during the next 7 months!
Don't worry about not having a bump yet, just think how tiny your little one is at the moment. I was a good 16 weeks before I had a tiny bulge and about 20 weeks when it became a proper bump.
It'll come all of a sudden :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back