Painful cracked heels

calphurnia7

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been wearing a lot of flip flops as they are the only thing now comfortable. I bought some Flexitol heel balm but then realised it's never been tested on pregnant women so unfortunately I can't risk using it. Does anyone else know of any treatments that are safe for the pregnant ladies?

Thanks

How about good ol' E45? Smoother your heels in it before bed and then put on (ideally) cotton socks. After a few days you'll notice a huge difference. My poor sister has terrible cracked heels and this is the one method that keeps it under control xx

I suffer from Eczema and when I have small bouts of cracked heels I use Sudocrem (if it is really bad I use my steroid creams which are prescribed by my Dr) but a bit of sudocrem normally helps :)

Thanks guys I have both stuff as I suffer eczema on thet ops of my feet, I wioll try E45 then sudocream if that doesn't work, Silly of me to buy the flexitol stuff without the thorough research.

Ouch poor you. My feet are a bit dry and in need of tlc too. Dunno if its just the weight or way I'm walking now.

I'd say use anything which is emolient based, put loads on and go to bed in socks. E45 and sudacreme are great. It will take a good few times to get the skin soft.

Either that or look at specific foot moisturising creams-like Schol (sp??). They usually contain a fruit enzyme or similar which will break down the dead skin and moisturise at same time. Use in same way, lots with socks. Can't see how they wouldn't be safe to use. One I used to use in the Salon was made by Jessica-Zen Spa. Bit pricey but lovely and smelt of lemmon grass.

Good luck x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

You could go for a pedi and ask them to do what they can, other than than a chiropodist. Do you have gestational diabetes? My DH has diabetes and his feet are a mess x

No I don't have GTT I was tested for it. I think its' my addiction to flipflops and lack of socks, I also love to walk even if it is a steady waddle. I was naive' in buying Flexinol I e-mailed the company and they refused to say that it would be safe. I have used a pediegg to try to shave the heels down but that seems to have made them worse. I have the E45 and sudocream otherwise I'd try some other nice spa treatments, maybea pedicure too :)

Walking like a ballerina seems to help but difficult to keep up when heavily pregnant :eek:

When u remove the hard skin the feet almost register this and want to grow the skin back straight away. There is likely a reason for it...which doesn't help. Try the creams, if I'm honest I'd try a foot specific moisturiser over the others as that's what it's designed to do, to break down the dead skin. I feel for you. Socks on in bed tonight!!!!!xxx

The thing that worked best for me was sitting in the bath for ages to let my feet get a proper soak, then crubbing my feet with a pumice stone. I dried them thoroughly then put on a load of Scholl calus & hard skin reducing cream. They look alot better, not perfect but a big improvement :) X

Thanks I am gonna try any remedy I can, but I've been trying to stay lying down and relaxing in the bath instead of walking around the city in flipflops like I like to do. The foof daggers have been particularly discomforting today anyways.

I'm going to have a night of soaps and soaking in the bath. My tootsies need painted too. I have from now until friday night to get organised for my first night out in months! Waxing, tinting, tanning and polish my fingers and toes. Not that anyones gonna notice but I want to feel good. Sick of not looking like me and sick of feeling like a fat frump! Hehe! Hope something works for u x x

I'm going to have a night of soaps and soaking in the bath. My tootsies need painted too. I have from now until friday night to get organised for my first night out in months! Waxing, tinting, tanning and polish my fingers and toes. Not that anyones gonna notice but I want to feel good. Sick of not looking like me and sick of feeling like a fat frump! Hehe! Hope something works for u x x

Aww I think the soaking recommendations are agood idea. But I think ti's nice to pretty yourself up :) makes you feel all lovely. Why not? I bought a beautiful purple dress and I feel so confident in it vs. the blue sweats and tanktop LOL. I hope the night out goes awesome, I keep getitng cramps and foof daggers I don/t want to plan anything else, Urgghhh :), just worried. Was thinking of getting carvery thursday but i'll see how it goes.

Aww I think the soaking recommendations are agood idea. But I think ti's nice to pretty yourself up :) makes you feel all lovely. Why not? I bought a beautiful purple dress and I feel so confident in it vs. the blue sweats and tanktop LOL. I hope the night out goes awesome, I keep getitng cramps and foof daggers I don/t want to plan anything else, Urgghhh :), just worried. Was thinking of getting carvery thursday but i'll see how it goes.

My night didn't go according to plan. My brother and the children popped in then I got a surprise visit from my yummy mr so I abandoned all girly tasks in a swap for snuggles.

Yeah it is nice to get these things done. Always makes me feel better.

Foof daggers are killing me tonight too. I sympathise. I have one hot water bottle on my back and another between my legs. Oucho. I only get a relief when baby is breach, had hoped shed stay that waynfornanother few weeks! Lol. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back