Pain Relief

niblet

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew which painkillers in which doses were safe to take in pregnancy? I've got terrible terrible back ache and I've so far just sat about groaning with it because I'm too scared to take something in case it makes the baby be born with a giant head or something.

What can I take so that I don't have a massive head baby? Or is it best not to have anything?

When I asked my doctor she told me paracetamol is ok.
I then paniced cos i've been put on baby asprin, and was told that the 75mg dose is ok. Whereas the "normal" 300mg dose can affect the baby. So I think i've got them to confirm that paracetamol is ok a total of about 5 times lol.
I've tried to not take anything but I'd been getting bad headaches and in the end conceded and took one lol.
Hope your back feels better soon :hug:
xx

Thank you, I think I might admit defeat and take some.

I would. Have one and go for a lay in the bath with a take a break or book.
*hands you the radox*
(sorry for rambling on in my reply before lol) xx

I had some problems in really early pregnancy (around 4 - 7 weeks) due to severe abdominal pain and had to be scanned to check for ectopic.

whilst at a&e, the docs and the EPU, i was told be each medical professional that i could take 500mg of paracetamol and could double it up to 1g if the pain got worse.

i was also told i could take cocodomol. Not sure of the dosage on that though as i chose not to take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back