Newly pregnant - diarrhoea?

LauraSquiff

Reaction score
I discovered I was pregnant last friday, and prior to that I'd suffered mild diarrhoea. For the first 2 days (fri and sat) I was horribly, uncomfortably bloated (literally looked 6 months gone). But since then I've been suffering terrible diarrhoea. It comes and goes in bouts, but generally it will be from the moment I wake up, and then kick in again mid morning - late afternoon, and I'll be fine in the evening. I heard it was a sign of miscarrige, but I'm still getting the other symptoms such as chronic tiredness and horribly sore boobs, and I've done a test practically every day which has come back positive, but I'm just so paranoid that something is wrong, and even if it's not, that my baby won't be getting the nutrition she needs. . . The bloating is causing me to have very little appetite, and every time I do force myself to eat it goes straight through me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is there anything I can take to stop it happening? I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby.

dire rear as we call it in this house is a very common symptom of pregnancy - i dont think its a sign of anything wrong - my digestibles swing from dire rear to constipation and back again all the time - the main thing to think about it make sure you're not becoming dehydrated through losing lots of fluid - if you're comcerned go and have a chat with your pharmacist about some rehydration drinks and dont be afraid to go to the docs if you need to as well...

hope you feel better soon :hug:

Never heard it being associated with m/c but fwiw i had severe constipation when i m/c.

I think your bowels are one of the first things to go out of whack when your pregnant, I wouldnt worry, but drink plenty of water.

:hug: try eating one banana and one very hard boiled egg a day and see if that helps bung you up a bit.
dont take any medication without seeing your gp if it gets that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back