Pain after seeing Midwife

MrsG

Reaction score
Hi all,

I went to see the midwife yesterday for a routine checkup. I didnt see my normal midwfie, but the other one at the birthing centre. She seemed nice enough so whilst I was there I asked her if she could tell which way the baby was lying, as id been getting flutters and couldnt figure out which part of the baby was causing it. Anyway she proceeded to really dig me about like she was kneeding bread, to try and tell. It was really quite uncomfortable at the time, but foolishly I didnt say anything to her!!!!!!.

All day yesterday I had pain in the side she dug around in, I had a bath as soon as I got home from work but am still uncomfortable today. so much that I am working from home today.

I know the baby is fine as ive had a lot of good kicks since, I just wondered has anyone experienced this? is it normal for the midwife to dig around so hard or am I just a complete wimp!! I feel bruised all down my right side of my bump.

yes they can be quite "rough" sometimes can't they... last week my MW couldn't get LO's heartbeat as he was squirming away and there was a lot of interference on the doppler - she pressed it really hard into my belly for what felt like aaaaages - OUCH!! (baby was moving so much though that i know he is ok anyway so i wasn't too worried and she gave up in the end!)

how are you anyway? not seen much of you on the forum lately! :D

im fine thanks, Petchy.

I am logged in most days, im one of the lurkers that reads all the posts but doesnt reply very often!!!

Oopps should I have confessed that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back