• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Owens becoming a tummy sleeper ! Help!

Constantstar

Reaction score
Mummies please tell me how u cope with a side/ tummy sleeper???!! He has only just started doing it and before always was on his back. Now I can't sleep worrying about him!! Do u think it's better now he is bigger ( he is 8 months) ? Oh it's so worrying!! X

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

If it helps Devon is now a tummy sleeper, has done it since he turned one, never settles on back, and when I check on him, he has rolled over. for about a month, I took the risk (hes a light sleeper) and turned him after 1 hour or so, but then, he would find his way back sometimes, now I leave him, he will go on his front whatever I do to stop him, he is older now, and I need to try to let go, once there moving , I think theres not much you can do about it. Is Owen good on movement, quicker developer? as Devon is slower , think that's why he waited till over a year old, he never rolled much and can only cruise /stand at side of cot now.

Stanley has slept on his tummy since 2 weeks old!! He never settles on his back, Alfie was the same lol I think once they can roll over etc there's not much you can really do because if you pu them one way they'll just end up how they are comfy!! Xxx

I've been caring for babies for the last 8 years, I've always been told to put a baby to sleep on it's back but if they can roll over and put themselves in a different position then to leave them be. If you're really worried pack rolled up blankets/towels down the sides of him so he can't do it.

My LO when not swaddled rolls onto her side. My mum and dad are always telling me that when they brought us up (im talking roughly 30) years ago baby had to sleep on their front and not their backs and then now it seems we are being told always on their backs and not on their fronts. I say if your LO is going there on their own let him be.

To be honest I dont get why they cant sleep on their front as they wont choke on their sick as will come out and they arent going to sleep head down. Maybe im being dumb!! X

My lo has been tummy sleeping since he was about 6months old.... If he can roll both ways i wouldnt worry about it!

we found Holly on her tummy last night. We worried so turnedher over, life lesson, we were then up from 11 - 1 with a disgruntled woken up baby! Will leave her be tonight lol

Zac started tummy sleeping as soon as he could roll over and hasn't slept on his back since, I got a sensor mat monitor which really put my mind at rest xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back