ovulation kit and timings - shift workers

toscacat

Reaction score
Hi I just wondered what time people do their ov tests and how you do it if you work shifts - or just generally work - do you do them at work??

My issue is that I work 3-4 days a week but I work from 7 am to 2130 pm so I would have to try and do them at work I guess! I have a few digital stcks but can anyone recomend a reliable cheap test?

also if you get ov pain- do you get it once opk has turned neg or do you still get a pos when you get the pain?
Thanks

Crikey, those are long shifts!!

I read that the best time to do the test is between 2 and 10pm, and that you should try to do it the same time everyday. I work odd hours some days and have done the cheapy one step ov tests at different times and still caught my surge just fine (sometimes do tests at 10-11pm). Only thing i would say about cheapies is that sometimes they take 10mins to show up a positive result (even when it is a defo +!), so you might have trouble trying to do them at work.

Ov pain is usually on the second day i get a positive opk (usually one equal line one day then the next a darker than control line).

Good egg hunting!

Thanks yep very long shifts but means I am full time even though I only do 3 days a week! Yep can't imagine spending ten mins in work loo!

I work 8-4pm so usually wait until I get home after that to test around 4.30pm, but on a few rare occasions I have tested at work if i've been expecting OV because I havnt wanted to miss it. The only problem I find with that is that I'm used to using a pot (for accuracy) and I'm not used to POAS and the waiting around after can sometimes be a bit akward ha... xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back